• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Beans

Alicia

Mama Doe
He's very sweet, he seems a bit nervous but it's all new and different so that's to be expected.

image_zpsdzry07cd.jpeg

image_zpsa3ux0au9.jpeg

image_zpsxr7kl5gs.jpeg

Thank you, I love him :) he's 10 weeks but he is tiny! I wasn't expecting him to be quite as small as he is, I think because I'm so used to adult rabbits

Thank you everyone. He seems so scared :( he's just sitting in the corner, he's happy to be picked up and actually seems to relax when he's being held. My boyfriend had Beans against his chest wrapped up in his jumper and he seemed a lot more relaxed but I'm not sure what to do to make him more comfortable.
I know it's only the first day and it's all new and different but it's so sad to see. He's not eating much, I've seen him eat a small amount of grass and dry food. Is there anything I can do or does it just take time?

He's so gorgeous! He's really cute - I love his ears :D

Monty was like that when we first got him. The first three-four days, he just sat in his litter tray and trembled. We lifted him up with us onto the sofa when we were around - I'm not sure if it helped or just stressed him out more, because he'd just sit in the corner and tremble there instead. He seemed to perk up a little when we weren't around - after the first couple of days, you'd come into the room and find him a few steps away from his tray, sniffing around, only to bolt back in as soon as you appeared. He eventually made it as far as under the sofa, and then we didn't see him for a couple of months because he liked hiding under there. So he took his own time to explore everything.

I took him to the vet in the first week for vaccines, and mentioned that he didn't seem to eat/drink much, but she wasn't too concerned. As long as hay and water were available, with pellets, and as long as we checked he wasn't dehydrated, she said just to leave him too it, and he soon picked up where food would be, what his water bottle was for etc. I wouldn't worry for the first few days - maybe try leaving him alone and see if he prefers that, or try and be with him if he seems to prefer company. I was terrified for Monty too, but he came out of it none the worse for wear in the end. Good luck getting to know your new companion and he you!

Thank you, he's been to the vets today. He's been vaccinated, double checked that he is a boy and just a general check over. The vet said he could be neutered at 5/6 months old, I will make another thread about that. He also said not to worry too much about him being nervous as he's likely just getting to know his new surroundings. My sisters boyfriend said he loves kale so I got some on the way home and he's started eating it straight away. I'm so happy to see him eating a proper amount that I've thrown half the bag of kale in his cage :lol:

He's so cute!! Kale normally saves the day with my buns too. Now he knows that being here = food he likes, he will feel safer and get more confident by the day :love:

Back