• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby rabbit

Alicia

Mama Doe
He's coming home tomorrow and I'm ridiculously excited :D is there anything I maybe haven't thought of? Any dos/donts with a younger rabbit? I've got his bowls, and I've asked what food he's on so I'll get some of that.

He's coming home tomorrow and I'm ridiculously excited :D is there anything I maybe haven't thought of? Any dos/donts with a younger rabbit? I've got his bowls, and I've asked what food he's on so I'll get some of that.

I'd ask if he has been used to Veg in his diet. If he has had Veg whilst still with his Mum then he can continue to do so. But if he has not then I would not feed any to him until he's 10-12 weeks of age.

I'd also keep him quarantined from your other Rabbit for at least a week. During that time you could get him checked over by your Vet and have him vaccinated.
Hope he settles in well :)

I can't think of anything else. Have you decided on a name though?

I hope all goes well tomorrow. I can appreciate how excited you are :) I would be too!

Back