• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone do Rabbit Vac4Life?

Jake went for his combi vaccine today under Vac4Life and the vet recommend he have it but it's not included. The vet said see terms and conditions, which do read something along the lines of covering only myxomatosis and RHD1.

Yes I have it for my 3 - was told when they got their RHD2 vacs that it may be included in the future but as it's only available as an import at the moment it's not included. Hopefully it will be but I'm not holding my breath!

Jake went for his combi vaccine today under Vac4Life and the vet recommend he have it but it's not included. The vet said see terms and conditions, which do read something along the lines of covering only myxomatosis and RHD1.

I was told by Head Office that each practice sorts out it's own t&c so it's up to the individual surgery. I have rung around a few now, and those that have the vaccine can't understand why it isn't included. But contrary to what Head Office say, they say they are *not allowed* to include it!

Yes I have it for my 3 - was told when they got their RHD2 vacs that it may be included in the future but as it's only available as an import at the moment it's not included. Hopefully it will be but I'm not holding my breath!

That's the thing though, it *isn't* an import anymore!

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rvhd2/

RVHD 2 – FAQ – updated January 2017

We are pleased to note that it is now possible to order Filavac VHD K C + V from 3 UK wholesalers, NVS, Centaur and Henry Schein Animal Health

For the last 6 months it's been available to order within the UK. However, Head Office insist that it isn't included because:

1. It's not available in the UK

2. It hasn't been tested in the UK and so it's unknown whether it even works or not!

Oh that's interesting :? I didn't know that about each practice having their own terms and conditions.

That's the thing though, it *isn't* an import anymore!

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rvhd2/

RVHD 2 – FAQ – updated January 2017

We are pleased to note that it is now possible to order Filavac VHD K C + V from 3 UK wholesalers, NVS, Centaur and Henry Schein Animal Health

For the last 6 months it's been available to order within the UK. However, Head Office insist that it isn't included because:

1. It's not available in the UK

2. It hasn't been tested in the UK and so it's unknown whether it even works or not!

It was back in November I was told that so I'll be asking again when they are in for their myxo-rhd vacs in a couple of weeks ;)

It was back in November I was told that so I'll be asking again when they are in for their myxo-rhd vacs in a couple of weeks ;)

I've been contacted by Companion Care Vets and thought I would resurrect this thread as this is what they were talking about ..

Has anyone yet had the RHD2 included on the Vac4Life programme?

Mine have just had their RHD2 vacs again recently, I spoke to my vets and was advised RHD2 will never be included in vac4life. Apparently dogs with the plan only have 1 vaccination a year included and it will be the same for rabbits.

Hence why I went to a different vet who charged £22.80 per vac rather than my usual vet who charge £39.75!

Mine have just had their RHD2 vacs again recently, I spoke to my vets and was advised RHD2 will never be included in vac4life. Apparently dogs with the plan only have 1 vaccination a year included and it will be the same for rabbits.

Hence why I went to a different vet who charged £22.80 per vac rather than my usual vet who charge £39.75!

Thank you Casco, I was hoping you'd come back with some info :)

Looking on their website, it gives the impression that dogs and cats get a better deal than rabbits ..

a) Distemper, Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Leptospirosis (dogs)
b) Calicivirus, Herpes virus, Panleucopaenia, and Feline Leukaemia virus (cats)
c) Myxomotosis and rabbit haemorrhagic disease-1 (rabbits)

I'm glad I didn't join the scheme, even when they said that if RHD2 became a 'needed' vaccination they would include it :)

The cat vaccine is a combination vaccine.
Dogs is also a combination vaccine but often they'll just do one part every 3 years.
Kennel cough vaccine will have to be paid for separately.

Girls are in for Nobivac in 2 weeks, by seeing as my vet only charged £20 for the Filavac I won't be too worried about it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The fact that they're now calling it rhd-1 suggests that it's a very deliberate clarification that RHD2 vaccines aren't included doesn't it? The dog and cat vaccines are single vaccines for multiple diseases, so they are being covered for more but it's still a single jab annually. Maybe in the future, we'll get a combo jab which includes RHD2 and then it will no doubt be included!

The fact that they're now calling it rhd-1 suggests that it's a very deliberate clarification that RHD2 vaccines aren't included doesn't it? The dog and cat vaccines are single vaccines for multiple diseases, so they are being covered for more but it's still a single jab annually. Maybe in the future, we'll get a combo jab which includes RHD2 and then it will no doubt be included!

That bit has been on their website for many months from when Filavac wasn't easily available, so no - it's not a deliberate clarification now :)
On talking with Head Office, the practice is allowed to do things the way it wants to.

The cat vaccine is a combination vaccine.
Dogs is also a combination vaccine but often they'll just do one part every 3 years.

Kennel cough vaccine will have to be paid for separately.

Girls are in for Nobivac in 2 weeks, by seeing as my vet only charged £20 for the Filavac I won't be too worried about it.

Thanks for that DP :thumb:

Thanks for that DP :thumb:
Just to add it looks like the KC vaccine isn't included in the vac4life which is highly recommended for any dog that is social with other dogs. (Kennel Cough is spread anywhere dogs gather. e.g. parks, vets, multidog households etc).

So effectively any dog owner wanting full protection will have to pay for the KC vac separately as rabbit owners do for the RHD2

Back