• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits home

Sarah2211

Young Bun
So here's my rabbits den, do you think a few levels would be good for them? I was thinking of getting a cat tree and a cat bed. Does anyone use these? Also I love seeing what other rabbits houses look like, so if anyone would like to share pictures, I'd love to see them. Here's mine & yes this is a home made run lol [emoji4]
476ba3269d2605238a4f3582f5cd48b2.jpg
a508e6fc608657266d160e30d40a92fc.jpg
442c0cff74688af52b123909389da644.jpg
e1396b6a281787da504e9667cb07ff82.jpg
f8319f46bcc132cd9f8a0fbf52a1a2b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they drive about in the toy car?joking!:D You might want taller mesh etc my late buns would clear that height no bother.

They have a fab indoor space :) The run would make me a bit nervous though, I think it would take ours about 5 minutes to make the great escape x

They are gorgeous :love: and they have a lovely spacious house :thumb: lucky bunnies :thumb:

I would recommend making a run out of weldmesh with a weldmesh lid as rabbits can chew through chicken wire easily, and it would be easy for them to escape or a predator such as a cat or dog etc to get in. It's also recommended to put weldmesh under the turf or put the run on slabs so they can't dig out, and to prevent foxes etc digging in.

I forgot to answer your question about levels! It depends on the rabbit but my current house bunny loves jumping on and off things, I store his hay and food in a wooden trunk in his room and he loves to jump on and off it. I also got him a cat gym kind of thing but I took the top platform off as I felt it was too high and small for a rabbit, he's left with 2 hidey hole boxes on legs which he jumps into and on top of, and also leaps from the top of the box onto the wooden trunk, several feet away, which I have covered with fleece.

Maybe a little stool? They could jump on it, hide under it, and you could sit on it when you fancy hanging out with them. Nice for any small people as well.

:wave:

Do they drive about in the toy car?joking!:D You might want taller mesh etc my late buns would clear that height no bother.

Lol they do like sitting in it
ffd6f5b647a05ce07eebd268bd226d3a.jpg

Oh really, I didn't realise they could jump that high, thanks for the heads up

They are gorgeous :love: and they have a lovely spacious house :thumb: lucky bunnies :thumb:

I would recommend making a run out of weldmesh with a weldmesh lid as rabbits can chew through chicken wire easily, and it would be easy for them to escape or a predator such as a cat or dog etc to get in. It's also recommended to put weldmesh under the turf or put the run on slabs so they can't dig out, and to prevent foxes etc digging in.

Oh blimey I didn't know they could chew through chicken wire. I do have some hard wire in the garage waiting for a run to be made. But I only let them out when I'm home so can keep a eye on them and we have brick wall all around the garden so they couldn't escape if they did get out of it. But cats and foxes do worry me [emoji51]

Maybe a little stool? They could jump on it, hide under it, and you could sit on it when you fancy hanging out with them. Nice for any small people as well.

:wave:

They do have this, which they use a lot
16961065162de033ed30acaadd4ada31.jpg

I think I'll get them a cat tree thingy so they can sit abit higher up. Hopefully I'll find a cheap one somewhere

Back