• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vitis vinifera (grape tree)

Sarah2211

Young Bun
Is this safe to give to rabbits? I have one in the garden with grapes on, just wondering if I can give this to my rabbits, if so which parts or all of it including the grapes & leaves!! Also have a apple tree, can they also have this? Pictures attached!!
5b29ed5dd8713d3d081dab4d6219e853.jpg
108c37a971d037704fa7fb157f03a40a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple tree - according to my research, yes. Had to cut a few branches off of ours that were overhanging the pavement. Gave Monty the branches and leaves, and although he was sceptical at first, they seemed to disappear overnight the second night he had them. They didn't have any partially-formed apples on them, just the leaves and branches, I don't know if not-ripe apples would be safe.

I got my information from this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?348977-Apple-tree-leaves

Apple tree sticks and leaves are absolutely fine for rabbits and they are usually very popular. Apples are also OK, but I personally don't feed any fruit because of the sugar content. I would also be wary of feeding unripe fruit.

Grape vines and leaves are also absolutely fine. I've never fed them, as I don't have access to them, but there have been forum members who have. Again I would not feed the fruit, because of the above reasons, but they are OK to feed i.e. they are not toxic.

Lucky rabbits :love:

That's great, thank you very much. Everything is breaking from the wind here & blowing around the garden so thought wonder if the rabbits would enjoy all this [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back