• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I never knew rabbits go to the beach..........................

I can't watch the video, just the still is enough. Rabbits aren't dogs, why do people treat them like they are?

Wow. Just wow.
Am I the only one who thought that poor bunny was terrified the whole time? If not I was certainly terrified for her/him.

Honestly, I'm just speechless. :?

I don't think this rabbit looks scared, although some scenes seem to be pretty staged it seems he is a very unusual, inquisitive charakter.

I do not judge the owner, she sure knows her pet better than I do.

On the other hand - people who see this video could conclude that this is something you can do with rabbits, or think that rabbits behave like that, and not notice that this is a very trained and exceptional specimen. It paints a completly wrong picture of rabbits, that is like making people buy owls for mail delivery.

I was surprised to learn that wildies do live in sand dunes locally.

Anyhow, I've not watched the video but I can't say it is something I'd think of doing....

Definitely unconventional and not something I'd even think of doing, but I actually think they looked like they were having a whale of a time :oops: (hides!) x

I don't think the rabbit minded some parts of it. BUT it was so wrong to do, gave me serious anxiety especially when it was in the water... even my 'water' dog won't purposely go into water.

It looked like he enjoyed some bits,although of course it's hard to tell for sure.
But it really didn't look like he enjoyed the water. Poor bunny :(
And it can't do him any good to lick his wet, salty fur.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

I don't think this rabbit looks scared, although some scenes seem to be pretty staged it seems he is a very unusual, inquisitive charakter.

I do not judge the owner, she sure knows her pet better than I do.

On the other hand - people who see this video could conclude that this is something you can do with rabbits, or think that rabbits behave like that, and not notice that this is a very trained and exceptional specimen. It paints a completly wrong picture of rabbits, that is like making people buy owls for mail delivery.

Good points Preitler :D

I was worried when he went into the water ... :shock: Otherwise I felt he looked pretty chilled :)

I have had probably not many more than three rabbits in my lifetime I would say were as chilled and liked walking on the harness as much as this one - a rare bunny indeed!

I don't think this bun is being forced to do anything he does not want to do. There are several vids of him at the beach and i think he is quite used to it. I do however agree it is unusual.

Aww he looks like he's having a fun time! I wonder what beach that is, it looks like in southeast Florida.

I've done 'unconventional' things with my rabbits, including swimming. Never have brought them to the beach before, though I might have if it wasn't for dogs being there. But I'd try it with a future rabbit (my current ones wouldn't like it, I think some of my past ones might've though) at a dog-free beach.

You'd know if your rabbit didnt like it (assuming you know rabbit body language), so it couldn't hurt to try it as long as you take any necessary precautions with predators, heat stroke, hypothermia, etc. I've always wanted to take one of my ducks to the beach too.

I'm a big fan of harnesses for rabbits as well, and I know many disagree with that.

To each their own. I think the girl seemed like a good bunny owner and it's nice to see people wanting to provide more for their pets. Yea, a lot of buns would hate going to the beach but this one clearly didn't and it looks like he's living the good life.

Definitely a case of the bunny walking the human. He looked as if he was trying to get away half the time and he HATED being wet. I hope she dries him off thoroughly. Yes to the beach digging, no to the sea bathing!

I've known ONE rabbit who liked walking on a harness. The others I tried just swivelled their heads and bit through it, even the toughest fabric. Or, if it was too tough, they just stood stock still gnawing and wouldn't move.

Last edited:
I can't watch the video, just the still is enough. Rabbits aren't dogs, why do people treat them like they are?

Spot on!! My heart skipped a beat watching that, the making the bunny go up that steep sand dune and he tumbled down and then making him go up it again. The grooming when covered in the salty (& dirty sea!) water/sand, swimming :shock: I was seeing hazards everywhere aswell *lily*

I really hope people don't start copying. Especially ones that can't judge/read their bunnies personalities/body language and think they are totally ok with it.

if i had a beach, i would take luna there. i see nothing wrong with taking a rabbit to a beach. she'd probably love digging in the sand, she quite enjoys it in the plant pot :roll: some people "walk" their bunnies in quiet areas, take them to parks - I have done the same personally. of a night is quiet and i let her on the grass verge outside.

I also see nothing wrong with a harness when used correctly and if they enjoy it. luna doesn't seem bothered, she gets annoyed sometimes as she wants to lick where the harness is, but nothing else. if anything she sits still for me to get it on lol.

if anything I share a similar outlook to William.. the bunny seemed rather happy and the owner doesn't exactly seem terrible. moreso wanting to provide more fun for her bunny.

Back