• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think this will work?

I desperately neeeed to bake my rabbits treats, but for SOME reason I cannot find a recipe without bananas and oats! Blast! I have invented recipes in the past, and it always turned out...well, interesting;) Mmmm. Yes. Well. Anyway, I want to try this recipe that I thought up. My Hazel hates carrots (weird rabbit) so I'm using apples instead. I was thinking that if I chopped up some apple and mixed that and grounded rabbit food in some water and flour, it would make a simple and yummy recipe. Then I'd bake it. But would they last? Could I freeze them? Or would they stay good. Ya never know with apples, and I'm no culinary expert!;)
If worst comes to worst...I can bake a new batch every day. So, does anyone think this will work?

Mine are simple...

You can do unhealthy, or slightly healthier... there is just a 1 ingredient change.

Healthier- dust from hay (like what you get at the bottom of the bag) & Ellas Kitchen baby food (rabbit safe flavours).
Less healthy- same as above put you'll also need some dry food pellets that are turned to dust.

About a hand full of hay dust (for unhealthy also add a 1/4 cup of pellets dust) and one Ellas Kitchen sachet.
You want the mixture to be wet enough to stick together, but no wetter than that.

Mix it all together, split into little balls or roll it in some grease proof paper and use a cookie cutter to shape.

Put onto a tray on grease proof paper and into the overall at about 110degc for 30 mins, flip them over then cook at 80degc to 90degc for 2 to 3 hours (basically until they are completely dry throughout).

When cooked properly they can be stored in an airtight container for a few months. If not cooked through properly and are still slightly damp they'll go mouldy within a week or two and be useless.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back