• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Novibac/Myxo Vaccine shortage

MightyMax

Banned
News from RWAF is that the single dose vials may become available again next month. This has come from MSD.

My vet has experienced no shortages but I gather that bookings for booster vax are being put on hold for the time being at a lot of surgeries.

Last edited:
Thanks MM :) Beano was due her booster a couple of weeks ago but the vets rang me a week or so in advance and said they had a shortage and had a vaccination clinic running on a Saturday with the single dose vial so she had it then. Jake has his at our old vets as he has the Vac4Life scheme there so I rang them and he's booked in again on a Saturday for a clinic on 10th June. He was due last week.

Ah thanks for posting, my vets have also cancelled and I was wondering how likely it would be to come in before they are due next month. Fingers crossed.

Thanks MM :) Beano was due her booster a couple of weeks ago but the vets rang me a week or so in advance and said they had a shortage and had a vaccination clinic running on a Saturday with the single dose vial so she had it then. Jake has his at our old vets as he has the Vac4Life scheme there so I rang them and he's booked in again on a Saturday for a clinic on 10th June. He was due last week.

Thanks Liz :)

Regarding the Vac4Life - does it cover the RHD2 Filavac in rabbits, or does that vary from practice to practice?

Thanks Liz :)

Regarding the Vac4Life - does it cover the RHD2 Filavac in rabbits, or does that vary from practice to practice?

I don't believe it is, the receptionist was quite sure it wasn't but we can double check when we go.

I don't believe it is, the receptionist was quite sure it wasn't but we can double check when we go.

Thanks so much Liz :) The receptionist I spoke to was sure that it was, but when I rang to further discuss, I found it wasn't a vaccination they even do at that particular branch!

Just spoke to my vets4pets down in newbury and they are taking bookings to arrange a clinic day within the next 2 weeks for vaccines. Bailey was done in April, but Bella is due her booster now in June.

Thanks so much Liz :) The receptionist I spoke to was sure that it was, but when I rang to further discuss, I found it wasn't a vaccination they even do at that particular branch!

Oh no! I got an email a while back to say they stocked it at the Leeds branch (near Harehills, there's quite a few in Leeds). I must admit neither Beano nor Jake have had it yet, Beano has recently been struggling with regular dentals and arthritis in her hips and needs regular bathing/shaving as she has been getting wet and matted so it hasn't been right for her I haven't found but she is doing well so will likely go once two weeks since her Nobivac/Myxo vaccine has passed. Same goes for Jake once he has his booster as well.

Just spoke to my vets4pets down in newbury and they are taking bookings to arrange a clinic day within the next 2 weeks for vaccines. Bailey was done in April, but Bella is due her booster now in June.

Good to hear Ruth. It's a worry, isn't it, when they are due and no vaccine :(

Back