• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting...

supersonic

Mama Doe
Has anybun started yet??
Sonic's usually shed a... shedload by now, but we've only had a few wisps. Maybe he just knows something about the weather we don't, y'know how animals can be!

River, Athena, Persephone, and especially Yuki Doodle are moulting here. Selene's just come to the end of a moult. :roll: (And finally regrown her spay surgery shave. Only took over 12 months!)

I was visiting my cousin at the weekend and I brushed her bunny Max....I say brushed, I almost just had to touch his fur and it was falling out in massive clumps to reveal his shiny new short summer coat.

Cookie is having a horrible moult. Huge big chunks and revealing very short fur underneath. She looks terrible. Lola moults at a more steady rate, but she's got a lot of fur to lose. We covered the vets room in it the other day and I even took my sticky roller to de fluff myself while stood at the desk waiting to pay!

honestly, there is fur everywhere! she sits on you hold her, she lies on the couch, there will be black fur left all over you. she looks pretty pleased too!

Treacle is almost through, apart from from round her bum area, which she doesn't like groomed very much :roll: the birds have been it gathering up off the lawn as I brush her :D

highly possible. Mine vary in how badly they moult . Mouses have been barely noticeable so far, Joeys vary alot, Boos are permanent

Sonics are usually pretty intense. But his fur doesn't seem too thick, and he was basking in the sunshine this morning as usual!

Lopsy didn't start proper until last month. Aboleth's been moult-lining since February :S She's just started another 'patch'. She's a marbled bunny now!

I had a rescue bunny with me who moulted in March/April, but the two mischievous mini lops, who have the most ridiculously thick fur, only start in June/July every year and therefore spend the first half of the summer flopped out in the shade!
Random! ...I always assumed it was partly to do with when in the year they are/were born as well as the seasons/daylight cycle?

Mx

Back