• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed update with pictures

Moonstone

Warren Scout
Before it started raining, I was working on painting the shed.

Here is the outside:

It's Lakeland Paints' Exterior Woodstain Varnish in walnut. I'm pleased with it, 100% natural and seems really weather proof. The roofing felt hanging down is where the balcony will be going.

Inside:

This is Protek woodstain in whitewash, I think I'm only going to do one coat because I like it translucent. I didn't use knotting solution on the knots because it's toxic so I hope that won't be a problem. The woodstain says it's suitable for animal housing, but in my opinion it's not suitable for chewing so I'm going to protect the edges with metal. That's why I didn't paint the ramp, I'm tempted just to leave that as it is.

Will post more when more progress is made!

What a lovely solid-looking shed and I like the walnut woodstain and also the interior whitewash :D It's going to look very smart.

Thank you both. :)

I think I'm going to just use one coat of the walnut too, it's expensive. But very safe and chewable! (I haven't tried to chew it, that's just what they said on the phone.)

Back