• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh man, so loud!

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Our poor rabbits are being subjected to our neighbours party :( loud music, screeching, laughing etc and the music player happens to be directly behind the rabbit shed! The beat pounding through the shed is terrible, will they be terrified?

There's nothing I can do is there, I'm just sat here fuming and cringing every time it gets that little bit louder, this is going to go on all night.

I feel so bad for them. I mean everyone's entitled to a party, but I don't want it to have a detrimental effect on my buns :( x

It might not upset them. My rabbits will sometimes get scared by an isolated loud bang, but prolonged or repeated noise doesn't seem to worry them. They have not been concerned for instance with thunderstorms or fireworks.

I hope yours are OK and are not frightened. Unfortunately as you say it will likely go on for some time yet. If I were you I would frequently have a look in on them to give them reassurance.

Other than that, no I don't think there is anything you can do sadly.

Thank you both.

Unfortunately it's not practical to bring them inside. I don't think we've chatted before Sue, but there is 7 of them out there, although only 2 live in the shed (in front of the music). Also I already have 1 rabbit upstairs and two dogs downstairs, bit of a zoo lol. Also I find that sometimes they seem more anxious when taken out of their usual environment (although it could be different in this instance, of course).

The good news is I've fed and checked everyone and they are all eating, so I hope they won't be affected too much.

It is worrying me though x

If it goes on after 11pm they are actually being antisocial so perhaps you could ask them to turn it down (if you get along with them, that is), say you're going to bed/have kids, whatever?

Sadly, even if you don't get along with them, unless they're actually causing a nuisance the police won't come out as it's more of a council matter as it's an environmental matter. And then they'll only get involved if it's regular, like every night.

We have a certain family near us that frankly spoil summer for us. Last night, they were still laughing, chatting, etc. at gone half past midnight, it's ridiculous. And yet they're a nice family - and the fella, his business, re-did our bathroom for us and did a grand job :lol:. But I do wish they'd tone down their get togethers and simply shut the heck up. Our kids can't have their windows open at night because of the din. They had the music on from just after lunch, so it was over 12hrs yesterday. And we've had this for over 10 years. Not every night, but roughly once every fortnight during the summer.

Oh to be popular! :lol:

My bridge pair were house rabbits.Years ago the housing association were refurbishing all the flats.Before work started they had plans drawn up to infilll old mine workings under the houses which were built in the 1920's.Now the big drilling machines were huge,they weighed tons and were very noisy ,they were in the front garden and back drilling straight down and at an angle under the house.They gave me ear plugs etc.I was so worried about the buns,needed have been,they didn't even flick an ear and the noise in the end was bearable.However they both thumped at other times when I heard nothing.Strange things bunnies.,:)

Sorry to hear this. We have to put up with this also, but my rabbits are inside.

It's us who are distressed by so much noise - what time did the party go on till?

Thanks everyone.

I went to bed around midnight (usual, not because of the noise) and didn't really hear much after that.

I didn't mind the noise too much myself, was just concerned for the buns and I'd never complain as it's not something I ever do, complain I mean, I'm pretty laid back. But, I was concerned for the buns, fortunately everyone seems like their normal selves today.

Obviously if it's every weekend or whatever then it might wear a bit thin x

Thanks everyone.

I went to bed around midnight (usual, not because of the noise) and didn't really hear much after that.

I didn't mind the noise too much myself, was just concerned for the buns and I'd never complain as it's not something I ever do, complain I mean, I pretty laid back. But, I was concerned for the buns, fortunately everyone seems like their normal selves today.

Obviously if it's every weekend or whatever then it might wear a bit thin x

Yeah, my neighbours go on till 2am, and although I'm a late bird, if I have to get up early the next morning, it's difficult :roll:

Back