• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Izzy might have a new home

Alicia

Mama Doe
I saw an advert on Facebook, someone not too far from me has a neutered male who's recently lost his partner and she is looking for a spayed female. I've messaged and told her about Izzy and made it clear that I'm not sure what to do for the best, I don't know whether I can let her go but I want her to be happy. I don't know what to do. I would love to get another rabbit but I don't know whether to or not.

Well, personally, I think Izzy has had enough upheavals without changing homes, but you have to do what is right for you as well. I tried to rehome one of mine to a lovely person on here (who doesn't seem to be around any more) many years ago, when a threesome just wasn't working out. When she visited - and we chatted for ages - I realised I couldn't let him go and we just muddled through. Perhaps I mean trio rather than threesome!

If it's an option I'd look at adopting maybe an older male to bond to her.

I suppose if you were to rehome her you don't necessarily know whether the bonding would work or not. Even if it was on the terms of it doesn't work you can have her back that would be a lot of moving around.

Back