• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An unusual visitor

Zoobec

Staff member
Last night the goats had an unusual visitor :shock::love: a white peacock :love:I think it's a male but I don't know :oops: he is lovely. No idea where he has come from, I've seen him this morning on top of the neighbours garage, and managed to get a pic through the window.

IMG_2409_zpspw2yv8zy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I rang the rspca last night but they said they wouldn't come out as he wasn't confined and said he would probably roost in a tree. Neighbours have free range chickens with food out so I think he will be ok. Just a bit worried about dogs and foxes.

I'm going to try to find out where he might have come from, maybe the feed place might know :thumb:

Wow, how lovely :love:

Where I lived previously, a neighbour had peacocks. They weren't confined, but didn't seem to roam. It was nice to hear them communicating with each other :)

I've drawn a blank in finding out where he comes from. Tried all the farm visitor centres too! From googling it would seem they sometimes appear and settle somewhere!

I've drawn a blank in finding out where he comes from. Tried all the farm visitor centres too! From googling it would seem they sometimes appear and settle somewhere!

He's chosen you....or the goats :lol: He wants to join your zoo :lol:

I can only suggest you place an advert locally somewhere asking "if any anyone has lost a peacock"!

Last night the goats had an unusual visitor :shock::love: a white peacock :love:I think it's a male but I don't know :oops: he is lovely. No idea where he has come from, I've seen him this morning on top of the neighbours garage, and managed to get a pic through the window.

IMG_2409_zpspw2yv8zy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I rang the rspca last night but they said they wouldn't come out as he wasn't confined and said he would probably roost in a tree. Neighbours have free range chickens with food out so I think he will be ok. Just a bit worried about dogs and foxes.

I'm going to try to find out where he might have come from, maybe the feed place might know :thumb:

I think it's a sign, Zoobec :lol:

Beautiful!
A lot of people I knew kept peacocks as they are an incredible guarder when they claim territory.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I used to travel with my granddad a lot and he once had a job at a Christmas tree farm that he took me to. There were colorful peacocks all about, guarding the place. When they tuned up you had to hold your hands over your ears...it was LOUD stuff! :shock:

Can't imagine a peacock in the UK, let alone a white one. I would guess he's just as loud as a regular bird though. :shock:

He's chosen you....or the goats :lol: He wants to join your zoo :lol:

I can only suggest you place an advert locally somewhere asking "if any anyone has lost a peacock"!

:lol: my user name came from a friend saying, "your house is like a zoo,Bec" :lol: someone from up the road came and asked if we had lost a peacock :lol: adverts done, and the word is around.

I never even knew there was such a thing as a White Peacock ! :shock:

No, me neither :shock:

I think it's a sign, Zoobec :lol:

I thought it was a sign I'd had too much wine on Thursday when we saw him :lol:

There were loads at Whipsnade when I was a kid :thumb: It does look male, with the proper crest rather than a halfassed job.

Apparently after conversations yesterday they all have crests, but only the male has the long full tail. Not seen the tail yet so can't say if it's male!

Back