• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

female neutering

hi
i have 2 sisters who are a year old, been fine together, but now getting a bit upset with each other

I am going to get them neutered, & have 3 questions -

1. anyone know of a decent rabbit vet in west midlands?
2. will they be okay together once recovered?
3. any idea of the cost involved?

They are in a large hutch, with a run underneath & spend all day in the garden, so it hasn't been too bad, but just lately :cry:

thanking you all in anticipation of help.

hi
i have 2 sisters who are a year old, been fine together, but now getting a bit upset with each other

They are in a large hutch, with a run underneath & spend all day in the garden, so it hasn't been too bad, but just lately :cry:

Hello

Spaying is definitely the best thing to do. Not only to reduce hormonal behaviour but also to prevent uterine infections and cancer in the future

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/neutering/

West Midland Rabbit Savvy Vet recommendations here;

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/ve.../copy_of_county-or-city/england/west-midlands

Vets set their own fees for neutering so it is best to obtain a quote from the Vet you register with.

As an aside, are your Does fully vaccinated ('Nobivac' to cover for Myxomatosis and RHD1 and 'Filivac' to cover for RHD2) ? If not I would strongly advise you to discuss this important matter with a Rabbit Savvy Vet ASAP

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-health/vaccinations/

Good luck x

hi

Hi there and welcome to the Forum :wave:

A lovely lady on here called hot cross bun lives in your neck of the woods - perhaps drop her a PM and ask her about vet recommendations?

She is also doing her own bonding at the moment, so may also help in the aspect of keeping them together too :)

This is a very good leaflet:

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pdfs/neutering28807.pdf

Also some good info here:

http://rabbit.org/faq-spaying-and-neutering/

Do make sure you have a good vet on board!

I shall post in Rabbit Chat for people to recommend a good vet for you, and the replies will come here :)

I think Rebecca Rowe is still at Oaks vets in Birmingham. She is a real rabbit vet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We use Vets4Pets in Shelfield, they neuter all of our bunnies and are very good. They have neutered a litter of 9 babies today for us.

Thank you to all!

i use vets4pets now and the vet seems very switched on, but is spanish & i sometimes dont understand a word she says.

so i thought someone might have had more experience with a bunny vet.

i am going to phone a few & get prices & try to get info on their experiences (i know no-one is going to tell me, they have never neutered before)

does everyone think they will re-bond, after being separated for the ops?

thank you for your help.

Thank you to all!

i use vets4pets now and the vet seems very switched on, but is spanish & i sometimes dont understand a word she says.

i am going to phone a few & get prices & try to get info on their experiences (i know no-one is going to tell me, they have never neutered before)

thank you for your help.

You should not have to separate the Does, unless they are actually being aggressive with each other now ?

My vet charges about £120 for a spay depending on the size of the rabbit, as a ballpark figure for you. Good luck with it x

Thank you to all!

thank you for your help.

Why would you have to separate them for their spay ops?

My girls stayed together throughout. Same pen in vets and weren't separated at all during the process (only for the actual ops) they were fine, no issues and actually used each other for comfort- snuggling and the like.

Unless the girls are fighting and causing physical injuries, they can stay together as is recommended by rabbit savvy vets.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back