• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allergies

Hills

Young Bun
Hi everyone!

Is anyone's rabbit allergic to hay? My bunny Louis has snuffles, but I've started to notice every time his litter tray is changed (every other day) he starts to sneeze and sometimes his eyes go a little red. Would love to hear opinions/stories.

Thanks [emoji4]

756bc061d55eddd04cb1ef79ef8b8b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**He is on Timothy hay and there is very little dust in it as the dusty meadow hay I had before made him worse! **

Hi everyone!

Is anyone's rabbit allergic to hay? My bunny Louis has snuffles, but I've started to notice every time his litter tray is changed (every other day) he starts to sneeze and sometimes his eyes go a little red. Would love to hear opinions/stories.

Thanks [emoji4]

756bc061d55eddd04cb1ef79ef8b8b6e.jpg

Isn't he beautiful? :love:

He actually looks like a painting, he's so perfect :D

Yes I've had bunnies allergic to hay. They went through all the myriad vet tests and finally I managed to sort it. But not by conventional means. My vet had given up and was well aware that I had to use other strategies as in one case the bun suffered horribly with 'hiccups' aka aspergillosis (farmer's lung)

Has your vet diagnosed?

Thank you! He is a beautiful bunny!!

He has only been diagnosed with snuffles as that's all I thought it was, he is due to go back for his boosters soon so I'm going to question it then!

Back