• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Everyones rabbit care routine?

Hi everybody :D
I have a quite interesting rabbit routine in the morning and night. This is it:

Everyday I go outside around 9:30 and put food and water in three outdoor runs with an electric fence around them. Then, and this is the interesting part, I take a normal car carrier and urge my bunnies to hop into them. Hazel jumps out of her cage and into the carrier, for Ipo I put the carrier into the cage and then lift it out with her in it. I pick up Parsley because he's a gentle bun! :lol: Then I put the carrier in my special, shallow wheelbarrow and wheel a bunny all the way to the bun-runs! Interesting? Yes :) but two of them are Flemish Giants and are hard to handle when I pick them up. Plus, they HATE it. Mom suggested picking them up with a towel because it worked with a past rabbit to calm them down. But this made them EXTREMELY aggressive. It was quite hilarious, actually. Hazel would cower in a corner and bite while Ipo grunted and charged while I held the towel in front of me like I was a matador distracting a charging bull!! But I hated to put them through this, so one day I had this insane, crazy, out-of-the-blue idea. That's when I dug out the cat carrier and picked up an old, rusted wheelbarrow. Crazy that this weird idea struck me, right? I mean, who comes up with things like that? :lol:

I want to hear about everyone's bunny ritual! Please feel free to enlighten me to what other people do with their precious hop-a-longs!! Thanks!:wave:

Our daily routine varies depending on the hours im working and the weather!! The evening routine is always the same regardless as if im at work my husband and daughter do it. Every evening we prepare all the litter trays, hay and pellets, we chop up the veg and fill clean water bottles, then we each do our own bit!! I do the litter trays and my little girl does the food hay and water!!!

Sounds like a nice routine!!! I give my sweeties veggies every day, to☺ what bun doesn't love fresh lettuce? Parsley is a favorite, to😂

Back