• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad idea to add another?

Alicia

Mama Doe
Izzy and Joey are both around 8/9 years old and have lived together with no problems for 5 years. My boyfriends sister had two male rabbits but it turned out one was female so there were babies (the male and female are no longer together) there's one baby left looking for a home and I've been thinking about it a lot. I know my two are getting older, especially Izzy and part of me thinks it would be nice to have another one but I dont want to be selfish and upset my two. Thoughts?

Izzy and Joey are both around 8/9 years old and have lived together with no problems for 5 years. My boyfriends sister had two male rabbits but it turned out one was female so there were babies (the male and female are no longer together) there's one baby left looking for a home and I've been thinking about it a lot. I know my two are getting older, especially Izzy and part of me thinks it would be nice to have another one but I dont want to be selfish and upset my two. Thoughts?

I wouldn't, if it aint broke I would not try to 'fix' it................

I am sure there will be others who will be along and say the polar opposite though :)

I wouldn't risk it with your older two- I would get a younger bun from a rescue, bond baby bun with that one and have two pairs!

Yeah considering their age I'd not bond another rabbit to them but I don't think it's a bad idea to get the baby and then another rabbit to bond to it. This way, when it's eventually one of your rabbits time, you wouldn't have to presumably quickly try and find another rabbit to bond to them, you could see if a trio would work instead. All depends on the personalities though of course.

I wouldn't, if it aint broke I would not try to 'fix' it................

I am sure there will be others who will be along and say the polar opposite though :)

This :thumb:

I wouldn't risk it with your older two- I would get a younger bun from a rescue, bond baby bun with that one and have two pairs!

If you really are set on the baby this is what I would do. Although you would need to be aware of referred aggression though.

Back