• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I have managed to get photos of my buns onto the computer and signed up to Photobucket. When I try to upload/download (????) the images, I get a message asking me to refresh with the response "cannot find server". The screen lists a few options including going to the tools menu which I can't find - it may as well be in Martian to me...... I'm not a total luddite, but any help please?

Frustrating 'cos I'm soooo close

Jill :? :evil:

Its possible your images are to big. Saving them as .jpg rather than .bmp might help with that. Also some browsers won't show .bmp images. There is a little program here that lets you resize images which might help too. http://www.irfanview.com/

Once you have the images uploaded, there is a page that shows the ones you have, under each image is three boxes of code. If you copy and paste the code from the one labled 'img' in to your post it should display.

Tam

When I scan the photo, how do I save it as a jpg instead of a bmp?

Thanks

Jill

p.s. couldn't use the irfan thing... way over my head

What software are you using? Just below the bit where you write in the file name is usually a drop down box with different formats to choose from (it might be labled as 'save as type'. Choose the one called JPG (.jpg) or JPEG

Good luck!

Tam

Back