• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In remembrance of Cola and Blackie

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Cola (rat)

16th April- 17th September

I only had you a short time but in that time you changed my world.

It was a heart wrenching decision to let you go but I knew your time had come, you had had enough pain to last a life time.

Holly isn't a replacement for you merely an addition to my world.

Run free at the bridge with your body that works well.

'Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again' little one

Cola left this world at 2.10pm on Friday 17th September

Blackie

It was too late for you little lady but your death wasn't in vain, you saved your brothers and sister.

You are much missed by me and your bunny mum, Bandit can often be found in the corner where you died.

Binky free little lady and someday we'll meet again.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: Oh Gem, what a wonderful tribute to two such special bunnies, Cola and Blackie were so fortunate to have been in your kind and loving care.

Cola was Gem's rat - I had the chance to get to know her very well, as she came to board with me for a few weeks when Gem was on holiday.

She was elderly - nobody knew how old, but I would have said at least 2, which is old for any rat. She was given to Gem by a student who was moving, and had always lived by herself.

However, when she was here, I moved her cage into my rat room, and she was surrounded by her own kind. She almost became another rat overnight, looking bright-eyed and excited, spending ages just watching my others. At one point I let her mix with two babies from a litter I have, and she couldn't believe it... bustling around, sniffing them, a little wrestling, but no aggression at all. It was like she suddenly realised she was a rat, after being on her own for so long.

She was a lovely rat and I was happy to have her here and to have known her.

I wrote a few words earlier this week when I lost Henna, and I think they are appropriate here:

A small spark of light
In the grand scheme of things;
A memory that crystallises
Into a diamond for the soul to wear.

Pendragon said:
I wrote a few words earlier this week when I lost Henna, and I think they are appropriate here:

A small spark of light
In the grand scheme of things;
A memory that crystallises
Into a diamond for the soul to wear.

Those are beautiful words Sue :thumb:

Back