• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aargh house rabbits!!

Casco

Mama Doe
I love having the rabbits in the living / dining room and interacting with them but some days they drive me nuts! They have a large pen for when they are unsupervised and I let them out as often as I can but at the moment they seem fixated on destroying my sofas when they are free roaming :evil: Even Millie who normally just excessively licks everything has been having a nibble. Casper has bitten a hole on the front of one of the seat cushions. Frustrating although I know there's not much I can do about it except continually get up and move them away! Absolutely no point in buying a new sofa as they'll do the same to that. Also can't really block it off as we all need to be able to sit on it.

Lucky I'm not overly house proud :lol: Anyone else have destructabunnies? Or found a rabbit proof sofa?! :lol:

My two are free range house bunnies and on the whole they're not too destructive. They have nibbled bits of things like the sofa, rug and the ottoman. Oh and my books often get a good drubbing!

When my old sofa finally lost the battle with my bum I got the cheapest fabric one from Ikea with replaceable covers. They have chewed the bottom of the covers but i figured it would be a lot cheaper to replace the covers if need be than a whole sofa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bridge pair were destructa bunnies.Sofa corner chewed through to the wooden frame and an armchair too,numerous cables,all the wallpaper stripped up to two feet high .Despite me chasing them away etc.They would both be lying sleeping,so I would go to the loo,come back and both would be behind the TV stripping the last of the wallpaper!I wasn't houseproud,I miss them despite the naughty behaviour.:)

When my old sofa finally lost the battle with my bum I got the cheapest fabric one from Ikea with replaceable covers. They have chewed the bottom of the covers but i figured it would be a lot cheaper to replace the covers if need be than a whole sofa!

That's not a bad idea actually, I have a leather sofa at the moment and I'm always moaning about how cold it is especially in winter. One to think about when it comes time to replace my sofas.

Kattymieoww that sounds familiar :lol: although I don't have wallpaper but they've got into space I never thought they'd be able to fit into and got a number of cables. All cables now have tubing on them even though they're hidden!

Ha this sounds familiar. Every time i get comfy and Petra's in destructabunny mode i have to get up and move her away! Luckily she's not hugely bad.

Can you maybe try having a throw over your sofa? And they might be inclined to dig in this rather than the sofa. I use a throw on ours, and it also happens to be the same throw I use when medicating the buns so they stay well clear! :lol:

Mine have never chewed our sofa, however we had our black leather one given to us by a family member and don't want little nibble or scratch marks so our throw works perfectly!

In regards to destructabuns, yep I have my little devil bella, who is the first bun we've had to chew through cables - I know standard.. But also digging at the carpet and nibbling my leather chairs! :( but we still love them!!

I've literally nailed a large throw to my sofa! The nails are underneath and around the back where bunnies can't get to. I've also done the safe with the footstool!

Back