• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas on help with costing for fostering?

Hello every bunny,

Just wondered if you have any ideas on where help could be obtained with the financial side of fostering.
Does the RWA provide any help with the cost of food etc?

Just doing some research as trying to set up my own rescue.
Thanks

Laura

Fostering is where you look after rabbits on behalf of another rescue. They usually cover the bills for care.

The RWA are a welfare org not a rescue and as far as I know don't provide any funding like that.

Setting up a rescue of your own is different to fostering as you are responsible for all the costs. This is a big financial as well as time commitment. If you consider that each bun you take in will need vaccinating and neutering thats £70 gone before you even get to food/none routine vet bills. Rescues meet these by fundraising or use there own hard earned cash.

I'm sure the individuals that run rescues on here will give you more info.

Tam

as i run a rescue for a number of years alone its not something to be taken lightly!
to be honest you would be better to offer a known charity if you can foster for them and see how that grabs you first i wish that had been first for me :?
but on saying that wouldnt change a thing :D

Back