• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A successful vet trip yesterday

Den

Mama Doe
Both rabbits behaved themselves with none of the usual "oops moments" on the table .

I was pleasantly surprised at the bill as well, considering Nancy had both tear ducts flushed and had eyedrops to bring home.

K, my regular vet flushes Nancy's tear ducts approximately every 3 months and always charges me the lower priced follow up consultation fee.

Yesterday I paid for 2 x Nobivac combi - which is £35 at my vets and includes the health check but she only charged me for the drops to bring home.

The best part though was when OH mentioned the rabbits made less fuss with their vaccinations than I had with my thumb joint injections the day before.

K (who had surgery last year for carpal tunnel )assured OH that an injection into a joint like a thumb with no local anaesthetic is far more painful than the subcutaneous vacs the rabbits had.

Both rabbits behaved themselves with none of the usual "oops moments" on the table .

I was pleasantly surprised at the bill as well, considering Nancy had both tear ducts flushed and had eyedrops to bring home.

K, my regular vet flushes Nancy's tear ducts approximately every 3 months and always charges me the lower priced follow up consultation fee.

Yesterday I paid for 2 x Nobivac combi - which is £35 at my vets and includes the health check but she only charged me for the drops to bring home.

The best part though was when OH mentioned the rabbits made less fuss with their vaccinations than I had with my thumb joint injections the day before.

K (who had surgery last year for carpal tunnel )assured OH that an injection into a joint like a thumb with no local anaesthetic is far more painful than the subcutaneous vacs the rabbits had.

An injection into any joint is painful, but a thumb joint especially so !! I'm glad the Vet pointed that out to your OH !

Hi Den - if you hadn't posted, I was going to ask you how your injection went. I was sure you must've had it by now!

I really hope the steroids help you.

Glad to hear the vets went well too :wave:

My injection was painful to say the least.

Pain aside, for some reason I've a real phobia of injections and have passed out before.

I could feel myself going but the Dr opened the window and got me a glass of water and then went and found OH in the waiting room to come and walk me out safely.

If it helps I can have another one in 3 months!

My injection was painful to say the least.

Pain aside, for some reason I've a real phobia of injections and have passed out before.

I could feel myself going but the Dr opened the window and got me a glass of water and then went and found OH in the waiting room to come and walk me out safely.

If it helps I can have another one in 3 months!

I really hope it helps :D

Last edited:
Pleased to hear your buns got on well at the vets. I'm taking our Bungee for her combi vaccine on Saturday. I've had yet another blood test today for my ongoing thyroid problems. I shall look like a teabag soon!

Pleased to hear your buns got on well at the vets. I'm taking our Bungee for her combi vaccine on Saturday. I've had yet another blood test today for my ongoing thyroid problems. I shall look like a teabag soon!

I've got to have a blood test :(as I've been on Naproxen for the best part of a year and Dr wants to check my kidney function before he'll reissue my repeat prescription.

I hope all is okay as I don't know how my poor joints will cope without it.

Back