• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ceramic Tiles

Dem

Young Bun
Hi All,

Well after a particularly rough week with Bubbles being in the vets with stasis we are making great progress at home this weekend. He is still on his meds and clearly feeling better as my 2.2kg rabbit managed to beat me to a pulp last time i tried to get him to take his metacam. I can imagine his delight as he hoped away whilst i got covered in his pain killer :lol:

Anyway back to my question :D

As he's only been home a few days i am keeping him as happy and healthy as possible and watching him like a hawk. He's a house bunny so is out with no restrictions most of the time and only in his rabbit palace overnight. Its been a really hot day so i have tried to keep him cool and could tell he was uncomfortable late morning early afternoon. We have a ceramic tiled floor downstairs and he loves to lie on it so i left him on that with lots of air movement. I m aware that his outbreaks of stasis seem to have no correlation so i'm being careful not to stress him as much as possible in case this is another trigger.

Because he loves the tiled floor i have put a large tile in his house. He isnt forced to sit on it as is a very big home but i thought if he's in there and he's feeling warm there's somewhere to retreat. Can you see any issue in having this in his house? He's not paying attention to it? Isn't nibbling it at all albeit its a glazed top so he cant really get his teeth into it.

Thanks
Dem

I have my girls a marble tile left over from the bathroom redo. (I broke it) and they liked to chill on it; had no issues with it at all.

I have my girls a marble tile left over from the bathroom redo. (I broke it) and they liked to chill on it; had no issues with it at all.

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll pop it in. Fingers crossed all goes well.

We also use tiles here - for lying on when it's hot and to stop attacks on carpet corners! Hope Bubbles likes them and continues to feel better xx

Back