• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having the worst luck Update: please help, bambi lost too

Kosu

Warren Scout
I feel like giving up. I seem to be losing one of my rabbits every few months, even the vets dont know whats going on.

I lost Maple this morning, she was fine late last night when i shut them up for bed at 10ish. This morning at 7 i let them out and noticed she was lethargic and not wanting to go and eat her breakfast. She nibbled a few dandelions but wasnt very enthusiastic. Made a appointment with the vet as soon as i could. She had gut stimulant, pain relief and i was given meds for her to take at home. She didnt make it back, i lost her in the car.

Ive lost 5 rabbits in the past few months, i dont know whats going on. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
I'm so very sorry about Maple and also the other rabbits you have lost recently :cry: Life is so unfair sometimes.

I feel like giving up. I seem to be losing one of my rabbits every few months, even the vets dont know whats going on.

I lost Maple this morning, she was fine late last night when i shut them up for bed at 10ish. This morning at 7 i let them out and noticed she was lethargic and not wanting to go and eat her breakfast. She nibbled a few dandelions but wasnt very enthusiastic. Made a appointment with the vet as soon as i could. She had gut stimulant, pain relief and i was given meds for her to take at home. She didnt make it back, i lost her in the car.

Ive lost 5 rabbits in the past few months, i dont know whats going on. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am very sorry, you must be devastated. I assume your Vet has ruled out RHD2 ?

I am so very sorry to hear this. It's devastating :(

Oh i am so sorry. I cant offer advice as i'm no expert unlike some of the other members. But thinking of you at this horrid time x

All the vets are saying is viral infection and i should probably expect the worse for the rest too. I dont know what im going to do.

I didnt even get a chance to try and save her, it was the same scenerio as maple. She never went into stasis, she had a full belly, i was sitting out with them when i fed them there final dinner late last night. This morning she was limp and could barely move, she died in my arms. I took her to the vets anyway but they really dont know. They said possibly RHD2 but never offered me vaccines for the rest. I just dont know what to do. I cant lose them all

Oh I'm so sorry :( I'd definitely try and get the others vaccinated. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you I'm so sorry xxx

I believe they do but the vet this morning never even mention RHD2, i was the one to bring it up and mention they havent been vaccinated against it. She never said about vaccinating them against it. She just said a viral infection and prevention (Cleaning) better than a cure. But im likely in for a horrible week.
im devasted and lost.

I have 4 rabbits left, Alaska, Bramble, Badger and Albus

Back