• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oxbow Critical care vs. Supreme Science Rcovery

Ponymad21

Warren Scout
Is there a difference between the two liquid feeds? Is one better than the other?

I'm running low on the SS so wondering if I can give him CC instead? 🤔

I've only used oxbow but Joey wasn't keen - it has a strong aniseed (I assume fennel) aroma.

You could use a spice grinder to grind some excel nuggets? Alternatively you can soften them in water then mix with a fork to blend. My rabbits detest critical care but they will take their excel nuggets. I find fresh parsley and mint always helps to tempt them too.

You could use a spice grinder to grind some excel nuggets? Alternatively you can soften them in water then mix with a fork to blend. My rabbits detest critical care but they will take their excel nuggets. I find fresh parsley and mint always helps to tempt them too.
He can't have excel nuggets, they're on pets at home at the moment, I might try to switch to ss in the future but with him being sick I don't want to change atm

The recovery liquid is to keep him strong and help him gain weight so it's not crucial if I run out before Monday

He can't have excel nuggets, they're on pets at home at the moment, I might try to switch to ss in the future but with him being sick I don't want to change atm

The recovery liquid is to keep him strong and help him gain weight so it's not crucial if I run out before Monday

Can you grind up the pets at home that he's eating? I use a coffee grinder, or I blend some pellets with water and baby food.

Back