• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone near Slough that could take in these two bunnies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
I've just seen an advert for two rabbits on gumtree (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link? But can PM it) being given away free in Slough, Berkshire. Apparently it's a male and a female and they're not neutered. It looks like they live together so babies are a good possibility. They look dirty, especially the whiter one and they're living in a small hutch at the moment which apparently goes with them. They were posted yesterday so hopefully still there. I'm just really worried about them as I can see them being very appealing to someone as snake food etc being free, plus if they're an unneutered pair I can see people picking them up for free to breed from. I'd love to take them in but we're about to move and financially at the moment I daren't take on any more rabbits.
The ad is probably easy to find but I'll send a link to anyone that might be able to help. Title is "2 rabbits free" and shows a white rabbit with black markings on grass

Aww no, poor babies.. Can you maybe ask reading rescue, or even Berkshire small animal aid charity if they could take them in, and might be that we have to organise a bunny run for them just to get them out of there xx

Berkshire animal aid charity have been amazing with me, I came across a little 10 week old bunny living in a hamster cage with no hay what so ever, so collected her, kept her for a couple of nights then they came and collected her. She's been neutered and paired up with a lovely boy and we're brilliant! :) I'm not sure if there number sorry as I have a contact on fb instead.

Last edited:
I've just seen an advert for two rabbits on gumtree (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link? But can PM it) being given away free in Slough, Berkshire. Apparently it's a male and a female and they're not neutered. It looks like they live together so babies are a good possibility. They look dirty, especially the whiter one and they're living in a small hutch at the moment which apparently goes with them. They were posted yesterday so hopefully still there. I'm just really worried about them as I can see them being very appealing to someone as snake food etc being free, plus if they're an unneutered pair I can see people picking them up for free to breed from. I'd love to take them in but we're about to move and financially at the moment I daren't take on any more rabbits.
The ad is probably easy to find but I'll send a link to anyone that might be able to help. Title is "2 rabbits free" and shows a white rabbit with black markings on grass

It's distressing, I find, to look on these places if one isn't in a position to take rabbits in need.

I look when I have space and need, definitely but try not to otherwise.

I hope they find a good home, and safety :)

I'm terrible for this and enquired about two unneutered male / female buns recently (I didn't know they were at first), but I just couldn't take the risk of babies.

I hope someone can help, but sadly they are just two of many x

Its really hard not to look, but pointless unless you can help as MM says. I've just seen a rabbit on gumtree living in a plastic hamster cage. But I have no spare hutches at present so why did I look? There are literally hundreds on gumtree and you can see the tiny hutches they live in. Sometimes the owners don't even know the sex of the rabbit. I've just enquired about one yesterday, vague notions in my head to go get her, bond her with a boy and then rehome properly, but what if I can't find a new home, I really can't have any more myself. Its very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back