• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why oh why.......

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
So tonight my doe Toffee looked a bit off, wouldn't come in for her tea when I fed them (she's normally the first one there), just laid out in the run looking a bit miserable. Out came the Emerprid and ranitidine, managed to catch her quite easily (which is unheard of) and dosed her up at 5.30pm. Kept an eye on her, ate a piece of toast for my tea whilst watching her through the window. Kept stretching, yawning, having a bit of a wash, then flopping down on the grass again. Shall I phone the vet? Wait a bit longer. Still no improvement at 7.00pm, looking very 'inward', fluffed up and not interested in her husbun's attention. I went into the front garden and got a big handful of dandelions (I'm a keen gardener :lol:) and put them in the run. He pounced and start munching, no reaction from her. I put a couple near her, no interest. He started hopping about, then got near her and she snatched the nearest leaf and ate it, to stop him eating it, I think. She then sat up, licked her lips, shook herself and went over to the pile of dandelions and ate a big pile of them! After that she proceeded to race up and down and throwing the most spectacular binkies for about 10 minutes.

I thought she was at death's door, just about to phone the vet, got another dose of medication ready along with some meloxicam, and there she is as fit as a flea.

Rabbits - who'd have 'em??

So tonight my doe Toffee looked a bit off, wouldn't come in for her tea when I fed them (she's normally the first one there), just laid out in the run looking a bit miserable. Out came the Emerprid and ranitidine, managed to catch her quite easily (which is unheard of) and dosed her up at 5.30pm. Kept an eye on her, ate a piece of toast for my tea whilst watching her through the window. Kept stretching, yawning, having a bit of a wash, then flopping down on the grass again. Shall I phone the vet? Wait a bit longer. Still no improvement at 7.00pm, looking very 'inward', fluffed up and not interested in her husbun's attention. I went into the front garden and got a big handful of dandelions (I'm a keen gardener :lol:) and put them in the run. He pounced and start munching, no reaction from her. I put a couple near her, no interest. He started hopping about, then got near her and she snatched the nearest leaf and ate it, to stop him eating it, I think. She then sat up, licked her lips, shook herself and went over to the pile of dandelions and ate a big pile of them! After that she proceeded to race up and down and throwing the most spectacular binkies for about 10 minutes.

I thought she was at death's door, just about to phone the vet, got another dose of medication ready along with some meloxicam, and there she is as fit as a flea.

Rabbits - who'd have 'em??

Oh no P, I was fearing the worst as I was reading your post! I was regretting not seeing it earlier and offering to help!

I am so relieved that your meds and tender care seem to have done the trick. What a wizard you are :)

Rabbits are really funny that way - when they 'come out of' their stasis, they behave as though nothing's ever happened :roll:

this makes me think of Snoopy..

once he acted a similar way to Toffee, looking very uncomfortable, unresponsive, moving position a lot, suddenly he got up and 30+ poops left his system within a span of 5 minutes :shock: he just sat there and they poured out like cereal out of a bag :lol:

I think they like the pampering of being hand fed and the extra cuddles-or mine does!

this makes me think of Snoopy..

once he acted a similar way to Toffee, looking very uncomfortable, unresponsive, moving position a lot, suddenly he got up and 30+ poops left his system within a span of 5 minutes :shock: he just sat there and they poured out like cereal out of a bag :lol:

I think they like the pampering of being hand fed and the extra cuddles-or mine does!

:lol: :lol:

Back