• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very relaxed or...

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Well... I don't know!
Bea has been a very floppy girl since we brought home Henry but now she has taken to lying on her back!
It won't stress her out will it? She doesn't seem stressed but none of my others do it!!!
Photo isn't great quality, didn't want to disturb her by getting closer.
1zqcaxj.png

Well... I don't know!
Bea has been a very floppy girl since we brought home Henry but now she has taken to lying on her back!
It won't stress her out will it? She doesn't seem stressed but none of my others do it!!!
Photo isn't great quality, didn't want to disturb her by getting closer.
1zqcaxj.png

It won't stress her at all :D

They always know how to get up.

Maybe having Hiro makes you think she won't know how to get up, but she will be OK xx

Ah yes. I think that you have hit the nail on the head there.
I've seen Hiro stuck on his back a few times so I suppose I associate it with being bad!

I envy how easily bunnies fall asleep...no matter the position. :(
That is an awesome photo! :love: I bet it was hard not to go and tickle that tum! :lol:

It's such a wonderful photo :love: I'm jealous as my rabbits are never that relaxed. It's rare that they sleep with their eyes firmly closed. There's always a little slit..... just in case.:lol:

Hiro's the worst for that. He flops onto his side because I think it's comfortable for his neck but he doesn't shut his eye. It's slightly bulgy too so he looks dead. Scares me every time. I always give his little white belly a tickle to be sure!

tis very clever how rabbits can do that - I wanna be able to sleep with my eyes open. The majority of my rabbits have. Boo..well she is a little different. She doesn't open them when I wake her up by stroking / adoring her, she just leans in to your hand and starts tooth purring

I bet bunnies would be gutted to learn how obviously not awake they look when they're dreaming

You think that's bad?! You should see Jazzie when she sleeps! It's terrifying! :lol:
I'm used to the 'dead bunny' looks (Willow gave me enough scares with that one) but Jazzie throws herself down and instantly she's out. Along with it however are the eyes... The bulging, wide, blankly staring eyes. Her eyes seem to bulge anyway but when she sleeps it's even worse! Couple that with the fact that she goes completely still most of the time (though I've caught the odd nose or leg twitch when she's dreaming) and has the weirdest sleeping positions I've ever seen in a rabbit and she does make for an odd, yet adorable sight. The positions I've seen her in you wouldn't believe. I do have some pictures somewhere but most aren't on this computer. I could only find this one from when she was young:

No, I still don't know how a leg can do that, let alone how it's comfortable. At least her eyes were fairly normal in this one, though :lol:
And yes, she loved sleeping in that litter tray, even after she's really outgrown it as a bed :roll:

Back