• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My wee buns (photos)

Bertie

Alpha Buck
I suppose I should my bunnies to the forum. Got 6 of the little blighters so far, all house bunnies. Currently in the process of buying a new house with a nice big garden for them all to play in, and a dining room for me to create a dedicated 'rabbitorium' in. With all the extra room we'll have, my bf already had his eye on increasing our warren with a French lop. :?

First bunny is Chips. Got him from a rescue centre with Daddy when they were 9 months. They'd been abandoned in their leaky hutch and left to starve. Unfortunately Daddy is no longer with us, but Chips is now 2 and a half and still going strong. He’s still a little skitty, and he doesn’t like strangers, but he loves his mum. :D

chips.jpg

After Daddy died, Chips went completely wiggy. So along came Cassidy. She’s shop bought, and I know that’s naughty, but it was an emergency. Anyway, she’s a very pretty little lionhead. But she’s the most wilful creature in the world, and most definitely not a people bunny. I sometimes wonder if she’s much of a bunny bunny, but she bonded beautifully with Chips and having her around got him back to normal.

cassidy.jpg

Then comes Sniper and SPG. These two are the product of an accidental birth caused by a pet shop selling two ‘girls’ to one of my bf’s relatives. These two ARE two girls, and they’re very friendly, though mischievous.

lops.jpg

Then I got Monopoly. She’s another shop bunny. She was too pretty for me to resist. You can slap my wrists if you want. :oops: Monopoly is quite a stupid bunny. She’s incredibly enthusiastic, but very dim. She’s still young, 4 months, but I don’t hold out much hope of her getting smart any time soon.

To make up for pet shop naughtiness, we then rescued Sheffield as a friend for Monopoly. He was incredibly aggressive and frightened when we got him, but now he’s a little cuddle bunny. He’s very smart as rabbits go and I’m hoping some of it rubs off on Monny.

Shef is the stick up eared bun and Monopoly is the lop.

smhunting.jpg

So far we’ve got Chips, Cassidy, Sniper and SPG all bonded and living together in the living room. They’re separated into their original pairs at night, but the rest of the time they all play together. The plan is to get all 6 together eventually, but we’re still at the sniffing each other through the baby gates stage at the moment.

I don't understand it. I get them all neutered but still they keep on multiplying anyway.

Aawww, they are all gorgeous buns - I 'specially love the black lops. Good luck with the bonding of all 6 beauties.

Thank you so much for sharing those pics with us, you really do have very cute, scrummy buns.... love the black lops :D

Thanks. :D Everyone else thinks we're insane, but I've noticed a definite improvement in Chip's bravery levels since he's been surrounded by his little harem. I don't think I'd try to get any more than 6 bonded though. We're reaching the point where they could stage a mutiny. They've already learnt how to post lookouts.

Hi Bertie,
six house bunnies! thats wonderful. My OH would sure need some convincing to have 6 in the house!
Lovely photo's There all gorgeous.

Awww how sweet!
I'm very partial to black and white rabbits you know... make sure you keep your backdoor locked! ;)

~Lisa~ said:
I'm very partial to black and white rabbits you know... make sure you keep your backdoor locked! ;)

Eep! :shock:

Hmm, I wonder if it's safe to use henna on a bunny...

Hi Bertie

Your buns are just gorgeous. I think it is wonderful that you are trying to bond them altogether, what a pretty sight this will be :wave:

What gorgeous rabbits you have! All of them are just lovely. Good luck with bonding them all, it's worth it so they say. Haven't tried it myself, would love to but there always seems to be one problem or another with my lot which stops me.
We want to see lots of piccies especially of them all bonded and munching away!!!!

Angela

I reckon the trick with this bonding lark is not to get too put off by a bit of fur flying about the place. As long as there's no bloodshed they're probably going to get on fine.

The big problem is that one of them will hop up and distract us with a merry jig or similar, while the others sneak behind the telly to chew up all the wires. :?

That is really a wonderful sight to see. I think that you may end up trying to bond more than 6 bunnies by the end of the year though judging by Andi saying its more like a race to get the most buns. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How long do u think it will be before all 6 are bonded. Cant wait to see that picture

Denny said:
How long do u think it will be before all 6 are bonded. Cant wait to see that picture

I'm going to try moving them all into the same room together when we move. It'll be the ultimate neutral territory and might just be enough to get them tolerating each other. Monopoly hasn't been spayed yet, so there's a chance her hormones will kick in first and that will make things a bit harder. But I don't want to waste the opportunity of completely neutral territory by waiting until after she has the op. They sniff at each other through the baby gates and most of the initial skittishness has worn off, but Sheffield gets very scared around the others and acts out aggressively, and that sets all the other bunnies off in turn. It'll take a while, but the more times the bunnies have gone through the bonding process the better they seem to get at it.

Your bunnies are absolutely gorgeous, they look so sweet all together, especially love the black bunnies :)

Back