• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

refusing to eat? / update

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
since from the 30th snoopy has just suddenly refused to eat. veggies, treats, nothing really. all hes doing is chewing a bit of hay now and then. so now i'm just having to constantly hand feed him. but the thing is, slightly smaller poops are coming out the other end.

but this is where I'm confused. he isnt showing stasis.. he'll get up, jump around, grunt at me. but food? he wants nothing to do with it. but other than that, he's just his normal self. he wants pets and snuggles. and then what throws me off again is his ears are cold, so ive been giving him a heat pad and moved his cage a bit closer to the radiator.

the only thing i can think of, is his teeth. but he literally just had a dental at the start of April.. its been 4 weeks and his teeth are already in a bad state again? and if this is the case, then I can't afford or accommodate this if this will become the norm.

I'm beginning to get frustrated and worried as i literally only have £20 currently, and my parents not much more. that won't even pay for a vet consult. we have no low cost clinics here or those run by shelters; we do not qualify for help from the RSPCA or PDSA either. i know going by last time if this is dental its going to cost me £65 the first time for gut stimulant, metacam and the vet consult. then £125 for the dental. my vets won't accept less than half of the cost.

all I have is some meds from aprils dental, and critical care to feed him.

does anybody have any ideas at all? i really am stuck right here :/

edit: forgot to say, despite eating very little hay and being given critical care, his poops are still a good golden colour. which is also throwing me off.
around this week he has started drinking less, maybe half a bottle in three days. but i didnt take much notice i guess, as sometimes he drinks a whole bottle and other times doesn't care for the water. not even mixing a bit of squash in helped. probably should have picked up on that and not ignored it :(
the only way to describe him is that he sits there, acting like a bunny with stasis, but will move around and grunt. then i've noticed a bit later he perks up to eat and acts normal, then heads back to before.
its super confusing.

Last edited:
since from the 30th snoopy has just suddenly refused to eat. veggies, treats, nothing really. all hes doing is chewing a bit of hay now and then. so now i'm just having to constantly hand feed him. but the thing is, slightly smaller poops are coming out the other end.

but this is where I'm confused. he isnt showing stasis.. he'll get up, jump around, grunt at me. but food? he wants nothing to do with it. but other than that, he's just his normal self. he wants pets and snuggles. and then what throws me off again is his ears are cold, so ive been giving him a heat pad and moved his cage a bit closer to the radiator.

the only thing i can think of, is his teeth. but he literally just had a dental at the start of April.. its been 4 weeks and his teeth are already in a bad state again? and if this is the case, then I can't afford or accommodate this if this will become the norm.

I'm beginning to get frustrated and worried as i literally only have £20 currently, and my parents not much more. that won't even pay for a vet consult. we have no low cost clinics here or those run by shelters; we do not qualify for help from the RSPCA or PDSA either. i know going by last time if this is dental its going to cost me £65 the first time for gut stimulant, metacam and the vet consult. then £125 for the dental. my vets won't accept less than half of the cost.

edit: forgot to say, despite eating very little hay and being given critical care, his poops are still a good golden colour. which is also throwing me off.
around this week he has started drinking less, maybe half a bottle in three days. but i didnt take much notice i guess, as sometimes he drinks a whole bottle and other times doesn't care for the water. not even mixing a bit of squash in helped. probably should have picked up on that and not ignored it :(
the only way to describe him is that he sits there, acting like a bunny with stasis, but will move around and grunt. then i've noticed a bit later he perks up to eat and acts normal, then heads back to before.
its super confusing.

Firstly, can you give him a bowl of water rather than a bottle. If he has a sore mouth using a sipper bottle may hurt. If a Rabbit stops drinking their usual amount they will also eat less/stop eating eventually.

Unfortunately dental problems can recur after just 4 weeks, it really depends on the the precise type of Dental problem. I have to say that in Rexes Dental problems due to malocclusion are very rare. In 19 years of keeping Rexes I have never had one with a true malocclusion.

Is Snoopy weeing as normal ? No signs of 'chalky' wee/straining to wee/very smelly wee/spotting wee rather than doing a 'proper' wee ?

I am wondering if he may not be eating due to discomfort in his bladder rather than in his mouth.

I'm not sure really. I've had rabbits act as you describe and I call it mini stasis rather than full blown stasis. They begin eating on their own without vet help but with some encouragement from me - sticking food in their face and making them hop around to ensure the gut keeps moving.

I hope it's not teeth related and he begins eating normally soon. Rabbits can stop eating for random reasons so I wouldn't start getting too stressed yet thinking it could be his teeth - last week my Timmy stopped eating for a day or two due to an increase in temperature, but he began eating on his own again. I don't suppose there's been any changes like that re temperature etc?

its super confusing.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this, and of course it could be potentially caused by anything!

There is the possibility of his teeth being an issue. Before the last dental he had a month ago, has he had a history of dentals? Also, in the last month has he been eating hay? You say his poops look good so I am assuming yes?

In which case it's a mystery ... It's not impossible to be a dental issue, but if your vet isn't able to do 'conscious dentals' then you will have the cost of full GA etc to even have a look which is hard on your wallet and also on snoopy. I do find that paying just a consult fee for a dental is a godsend - however the mere mention of 'conscious dental' can cause havoc with people who disagree with them!

Other causes of refusing food can be pain, which could literally be anywhere ... stomach, bladder, mouth.

I know he's not in stasis, but have you tried giving him some Infacol anyway? You know what it is, don't you?

http://www.infacol.co.uk

It's 1ml every hour for three doses, and a gentle tummy rub - see how he goes today?

Good luck xx

Firstly, can you give him a bowl of water rather than a bottle. If he has a sore mouth using a sipper bottle may hurt. If a Rabbit stops drinking their usual amount they will also eat less/stop eating eventually.

Unfortunately dental problems can recur after just 4 weeks, it really depends on the the precise type of Dental problem. I have to say that in Rexes Dental problems due to malocclusion are very rare. In 19 years of keeping Rexes I have never had one with a true malocclusion.

Is Snoopy weeing as normal ? No signs of 'chalky' wee/straining to wee/very smelly wee/spotting wee rather than doing a 'proper' wee ?

I am wondering if he may not be eating due to discomfort in his bladder rather than in his mouth.

he has a bowl also in since yesterday but at most has decided to poop and pee in it. he chose to drink some water from his bottle instead.. this rabbit.

yeah, I did realize they could happen in just 4 weeks.. but I just expected it to be unlikely. i don't understand but snoopy has been horrible with illness. always picking up stasis, going downhill. he's just been super sickly. my friend who breeds rex's in the US even thinks its odd. but luna, from the same breeder, is fine. but she's a standard. so maybe its the dwarf part?
but then again, if this is the case, I can't be doing £125-130 every month for his dental. i mean, yes I could with a serious stretch, but then i would have no money to be able to be spent on myself, and certainly nothing more to be spent on my other pets. so that doesn't work either.

pee is fine as he peed on me yesterday during handfeeding him, everything looks normal for rabbit pee and didn't dry to white which would mean too high calcium if i've been told correctly?

I'm not sure really. I've had rabbits act as you describe and I call it mini stasis rather than full blown stasis. They begin eating on their own without vet help but with some encouragement from me - sticking food in their face and making them hop around to ensure the gut keeps moving.

I hope it's not teeth related and he begins eating normally soon. Rabbits can stop eating for random reasons so I wouldn't start getting too stressed yet thinking it could be his teeth - last week my Timmy stopped eating for a day or two due to an increase in temperature, but he began eating on his own again. I don't suppose there's been any changes like that re temperature etc?

he has had mutiple mini stasis throughout his life. usually i get critical care (with gut probiotic powder in-personally I believe it works), some favorite veggies and force him to keep moving. within a few hours he's back to normal and doesn't show anymore signs and its gone.

I guess I am a bit of a worrier as I like to know whats going on and why, and right now to be the likely option is his teeth to me.

the only thing is is that he's been colder. but its all over the place, cold, normal, cold, normal. he gets a heat pad anyway lol.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this, and of course it could be potentially caused by anything!

There is the possibility of his teeth being an issue. Before the last dental he had a month ago, has he had a history of dentals? Also, in the last month has he been eating hay? You say his poops look good so I am assuming yes?

In which case it's a mystery ... It's not impossible to be a dental issue, but if your vet isn't able to do 'conscious dentals' then you will have the cost of full GA etc to even have a look which is hard on your wallet and also on snoopy. I do find that paying just a consult fee for a dental is a godsend - however the mere mention of 'conscious dental' can cause havoc with people who disagree with them!

Other causes of refusing food can be pain, which could literally be anywhere ... stomach, bladder, mouth.

I know he's not in stasis, but have you tried giving him some Infacol anyway? You know what it is, don't you?

http://www.infacol.co.uk

It's 1ml every hour for three doses, and a gentle tummy rub - see how he goes today?

Good luck xx

before last month, he had a dental with his neuter in September 2015. so so far, two. but last months dental wasn't caused by illness, he just once again suddenly refused to eat and ate less. but not from illness as nothing had really happened apart from a separation with Luna.

and hay, they've both been loving it. we brought some from a local farm and its kept outside in a plastic box, then i put some in a storage box to bring inside to sit in my bedroom. i need to refill the box every 3 days, and snoopy's hay is always all gone from the morning. since putting them on the higher quality hay their poops have been nice and big and a good golden colour. when you pull them apart they're nice and crumbly inside I suppose? its even improved luna who from day one when i had her has had dark and compact poops.

conscious dentals aren't something they do either. if it is his teeth and this will become the norm.. then to me im not sure if its fair for him to be put under every 4-6 weeks and with all the stress. i dont think it would do my mental health great either.

I've been giving him gripe water, which is baby gas drops, every hour in 1ml doses actually lol. it do it half an hour before his critical care feed until I passed out at 4am and fell asleep. tummy rubs have also been given, but he's not a touchy bunny and doesnt tolerate them for long until he starts to bite me.

my only other thing is that hes well, depressed? reading the signs of depressed rabbits he does fit it somewhat. hes in a corner, eyes sometimes partially closed, doesn't respond to his name, doesn't want to say hi, doesn't want food. i guess he could even look sad somewhat. he just loafs in a corner and sometimes moves around and munches a strand of hay.
but then when I bring him out, he does get excited and happy again. right now he's running around my room, jumping OVER the cages to behind them to hover up fallen hay, and ultimately, annoying Luna. their cages are next to one another but, they do hate one another. I can't risk putting them together as they fight and fight badly (snoopy initiates, luna runs). and after last encounter when luna actually screamed when she was backed into a corner, i'm not too happy about them together at all.
i'll admit, ive had them out less due to my horrible mental health, but still they've come out for 4-5 hours a day, same routine of food and so on.

i have vaccinations for luna (get them free on her care plan) so i'm going to ask if they could just quickly see snoopy also this afternoon. they'll be seeing Ashlin who said I *have* to bring Luna to see her as she's never seen Luna and she's a beautiful little girl and so soft :lol: she's the rabbit savy vet and I'm happy with her as she knows what shes doing. when they went in for flystrike, Ashlin came out and rather than going for her next patient, she came over and petted luna for a few minutes lol.

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Snoopy. It's so difficult to establish the cause isn't it. It could also be that the dental that he had previously, whilst possibly justified, wasn't the cause of his problems four weeks ago.

thank you. maybe so.. I'm not sure. I know the vet is rabbit savy and wouldn't put a bunny through a dental that wasnt needed. but maybe he has another issue. at the start of march he had a "cold" pretty much and i had to give him antibiotics. honestly hes been so sickly he may have had other issues but i cant remember.

What is his diet like on a daily basis?
It's a slightly different situation but one of my boys started getting fussy with food last year which eventually led to him repeatedly going into stasis. He would eat hay but wouldn't touch his greens and really went off treats too. We tried everything and had a ton of diagnostics done. He even had two dentals because he had some tiny spurs and we wanted to rule everything out.
Turns out he doesn't tolerate pellets very well and they were making him incredibly uncomfortable. Since cutting them out he has been fine.
If you think that he could be depressed then maybe try making him some toys to see if he perks up a little :)
I hope that you get to the bottom of the problem. Xx

they're on basically just hay and greens of romaine lettuce, watercress, coriander, parsley, spring greens. of course not all in one night :lol: they get pellet once a week, but it never seems to come after the pellet he's had. i can't find a cause, nothing different or food sets it off it seems. he has plenty of little toys, rollers, toilet tubes etc, but he just doesn't want anything to do with them currently.
---
UPDATE:
so, not good news.

the vet has seen him and he now has spurs on his back teeth. only four weeks after. they are small, but they are there and may be causing the issue. she's not totally sure, but he also has had stasis it seems as she felt his gut and it didn't seem too normal, not many poops getting ready to be pooped out haha.

I feel she has really taken everything into consideration which i am happy about. we've been down so much with stasis, him not eating, teeth issues.

personally, her and my vet agree that its not fair, or quality for the stress of him having dentals every month. the fact that they've come back now likely suggests this will be him for the rest of his life. I can not afford £125 every month for his dental, and he doesn't react very well at all to dentals. last time 3 days after he wouldn't eat, he gets very stressed etc. and also, its not going to be good for my anxiety and mental health.

she suggested that it would seem he is more prone to GI stasis. they had a bunny called Pepe (also a rex) in who had to be on Randitine for most of his life. he was older however than Snoopy when they started it, and was recently put to sleep at the age of 10. so she has suggested that likely for the rest of Snoopy's life, he is going to be on a low dose of Randitine. she's not happy with it too much as he is only two, but it seems like its going to become necessary. possibly even a low dose of a painkiller for that too.

so i have the options of;
- dentals every 4-6 weeks
- to put him down
- randitine for the rest of his life

the first i'm ruling out, second is a last resort, and the third will be what I try. i have an appointment for monday, so if he isnt better I'll take him in. even if he is, I will consider going anyway as i'd like to talk with her about the side effects of being on randitine for the rest of his life, benefits, cost, and what we can do about his teeth.

today he did have them filed while conscious but they really don't do it as a constant thing. they are concerned about hitting the vein at the back of his mouth which could of course be incredibly risky. she's hoping it maybe did a bit of a difference, but she's doing it as a last resort thing as even she can see we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

luna on the other hand is good. health wise she's lost a bit of weight (2.4kg now lol) but there's nothing wrong with her. she has spurs on her left side, but they are very small and not currently an issue, just something to keep in mind. it might be it never bothers her, but that means i need to start saving. but with luna i know im going to need a lot more than the £125, as last time for 3 weeks we were at the vets after she had a GA. it was her spay, but jeeze lol.

Last edited:
they're on basically just hay and greens of romaine lettuce, watercress, coriander, parsley, spring greens. of course not all in one night :lol: they get pellet once a week, but it never seems to come after the pellet he's had. i can't find a cause, nothing different or food sets it off it seems. he has plenty of little toys, rollers, toilet tubes etc, but he just doesn't want anything to do with them currently.
---
UPDATE:
so, not good news.

the vet has seen him and he now has spurs on his back teeth. only four weeks after. they are small, but they are there and may be causing the issue. she's not totally sure, but he also has had stasis it seems as she felt his gut and it didn't seem too normal, not many poops getting ready to be pooped out haha.

I feel she has really taken everything into consideration which i am happy about. we've been down so much with stasis, him not eating, teeth issues.

personally, her and my vet agree that its not fair, or quality for the stress of him having dentals every month. the fact that they've come back now likely suggests this will be him for the rest of his life. I can not afford £125 every month for his dental, and he doesn't react very well at all to dentals. last time 3 days after he wouldn't eat, he gets very stressed etc. and also, its not going to be good for my anxiety and mental health.

she suggested that it would seem he is more prone to GI stasis. they had a bunny called Pepe (also a rex) in who had to be on Randitine for most of his life. he was older however than Snoopy when they started it, and was recently put to sleep at the age of 10. so she has suggested that likely for the rest of Snoopy's life, he is going to be on a low dose of Randitine. she's not happy with it too much as he is only two, but it seems like its going to become necessary. possibly even a low dose of a painkiller for that too.

so i have the options of;
- dentals every 4-6 weeks
- to put him down
- randitine for the rest of his life

the first i'm ruling out, second is a last resort, and the third will be what I try. i have an appointment for monday, so if he isnt better I'll take him in. even if he is, I will consider going anyway as i'd like to talk with her about the side effects of being on randitine for the rest of his life, benefits, cost, and what we can do about his teeth.

today he did have them filed while conscious but they really don't do it as a constant thing. they are concerned about hitting the vein at the back of his mouth which could of course be incredibly risky. she's hoping it maybe did a bit of a difference, but she's doing it as a last resort thing as even she can see we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

luna on the other hand is good. health wise she's lost a bit of weight (2.4kg now lol) but there's nothing wrong with her. she has spurs on her left side, but they are very small and not currently an issue, just something to keep in mind. it might be it never bothers her, but that means i need to start saving. but with luna i know im going to need a lot more than the £125, as last time for 3 weeks we were at the vets after she had a GA. it was her spay, but jeeze lol.

You've had an awful lot to put up with with Luna, and this on top must be really hard on you :(

I think you're very sensible to consider the three options. I also think it was very good of your vet to do a 'conscious dental' even though she isn't particularly in favour of doing them. Of course there are risks with conscious dentals, but there are also with unconscious ones, as electrical equipment often snags soft tissue. And of course there is the risk of anaesthetic. And lastly the repeated cost, which isn't an option for you.

I really hope the filing will make some difference, and you'll be able to sort out a way forward for little snoopy.

Vibes for you xx

You've had an awful lot to put up with with Luna, and this on top must be really hard on you :(

I think you're very sensible to consider the three options. I also think it was very good of your vet to do a 'conscious dental' even though she isn't particularly in favour of doing them. Of course there are risks with conscious dentals, but there are also with unconscious ones, as electrical equipment often snags soft tissue. And of course there is the risk of anaesthetic. And lastly the repeated cost, which isn't an option for you.

I really hope the filing will make some difference, and you'll be able to sort out a way forward for little snoopy.

Vibes for you xx

luna was hell. then again i guess i signed up for her aggression issues when i got her from a abused and mistreated home. but her and GA's.. they do not do well at all. i really don't want to ever have to put her under again..

with dentals they actually don't use anything electric haha. one is holding the mouth open and they basically use a metal file. it was quite interesting. however this isn't something they would do often, it's too much risk. under a GA they can't move so there is less chance. but she had a shot and did as best as she could.

the actual GA, cost, it's not something i can do. otherwise he's just constantly recovering from a dental/GA, and the risk goes up as he's stressed. it's not quality of life to me.

i'm hoping medication for this will help. constant gut stimulant may make him always hungry so he eats more and therefore teeth are bay, but if not ill need another dental. and then maybe i'll have to make if it's kinder to say goodbye.

luna was hell. then again i guess i signed up for her aggression issues when i got her from a abused and mistreated home. but her and GA's.. they do not do well at all. i really don't want to ever have to put her under again..

with dentals they actually don't use anything electric haha. one is holding the mouth open and they basically use a metal file. it was quite interesting. however this isn't something they would do often, it's too much risk. under a GA they can't move so there is less chance. but she had a shot and did as best as she could.

the actual GA, cost, it's not something i can do. otherwise he's just constantly recovering from a dental/GA, and the risk goes up as he's stressed. it's not quality of life to me.

i'm hoping medication for this will help. constant gut stimulant may make him always hungry so he eats more and therefore teeth are bay, but if not ill need another dental. and then maybe i'll have to make if it's kinder to say goodbye.

That's true of conscious dentals, but dentals under anaesthesia is another matter - all sorts of bits and bobs are used :shock:

I hope you can get his teeth sorted and then perhaps his hay eating will increase and keep the dreaded spurs at bay?

That's true of conscious dentals, but dentals under anaesthesia is another matter - all sorts of bits and bobs are used :shock:

I hope you can get his teeth sorted and then perhaps his hay eating will increase and keep the dreaded spurs at bay?

i don't think it is a the case at ours.. i believe that is quite literally all they use. she said "this is basically the exact same as we do with dentals, just they're asleep". maybe mine keep it simple? :lol:

honestly, me and my vet are even unsure if putting him through yet another so soon is even worth it. we're trying medication as an alternative to make them go away and keep them away. but if it doesn't, then i think me and the vet are even considering that may be the point to cut it. looking at all the data, her experience with bunnies, them back so soon now likely means that it will be like this for the rest of his life.

i dont know, it depends on how long he can last. i get £60-80 a month. if we can keep him going for a bit longer maybe i can afford one last shot.

i'd feel awful if i just said thats enough here, i want to try, but i need to keep his and my health in the picture too. and its finding the balance.

im going to make the appointment a checkup and a chance to ask questions and discuss options. every bunny is different, maybe luna's spurs will mean nothing. my vet told us she had a bunny and one of her teeth grew down and up. one morning she noticed bone sticking out and the tooth had come out right the other side. she never showed issues, stasis, pain. just one morning had a tooth out the other side of her face :lol:

and yes we could remove snoop's teeth.. but then thats soft food all his life. he's never been a chewer so likely incisors would over grow. so that doesn't solve it and isnt really fair either.. not at such a young age. maybe older i could justify it.

small update: he has began to eat some more hay and will now eat veggies. ive also offered him some pellet as right now i'd like to get him eating by himself. the vet has given us randitine and metacam (a high dose) to trial if it helps. if so, then it may be a long term thing that he will have to be on randitine and a painkiller for the rest of his life so he can eat and live. not the best but if it means he has a quality of life and i get a few more years, then its fine by me. it would however be a low dose, this is just to kickstart him back after a few bad days.

small update: he has began to eat some more hay and will now eat veggies. ive also offered him some pellet as right now i'd like to get him eating by himself. the vet has given us randitine and metacam (a high dose) to trial if it helps. if so, then it may be a long term thing that he will have to be on randitine and a painkiller for the rest of his life so he can eat and live. not the best but if it means he has a quality of life and i get a few more years, then its fine by me. it would however be a low dose, this is just to kickstart him back after a few bad days.

I'm glad he's begun to eat a bit. That's good news :)

Yes, as you say, it may be a matter of working with his condition, and hopefully his teeth aren't to blame x

I hope that Snoopy has continued to eat a little for himself overnight.

Just a thought, but you say that he and Luna hate each other. I am wondering if the fact that they are living right next to each other, albeit in separate cages, may be causing Snoopy stress and thus stopping him from eating ? Could part of his issues by psychological rather than physical.

I realise that you are unlikely to be able to house your Rabbits in separate rooms, so maybe having a trial of something like this may be worth a go

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/pet-r...IGt1TEv06jHex2phwwExODb9oo0q_firK9RoCJ1Xw_wcB

I have no idea if they ever work, but it may be worth a try. PM me if you want to try one, I may be able to help you out with obtaining one.

I hope that Snoopy has continued to eat a little for himself overnight.

Just a thought, but you say that he and Luna hate each other. I am wondering if the fact that they are living right next to each other, albeit in separate cages, may be causing Snoopy stress and thus stopping him from eating ? Could part of his issues by psychological rather than physical.

I realise that you are unlikely to be able to house your Rabbits in separate rooms, so maybe having a trial of something like this may be worth a go

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/pet-r...IGt1TEv06jHex2phwwExODb9oo0q_firK9RoCJ1Xw_wcB

I have no idea if they ever work, but it may be worth a try. PM me if you want to try one, I may be able to help you out with obtaining one.

thing is, they're so difficult. they seem to hate one another, but since Snoopy going back down hill Luna has been trying to groom him through the bars and he's been asking for grooms :? but when he is well, they don't get along. the only way to describe these two idiots is that they would ignore one another for 15 minutes, then snoopy wishes to just constantly hump luna's face. personally I would run away too :lol: so then chasing happens, and she lets out a scream when she's backed into a corner(we are dealing with an abused rabbit, so that may be it) when they're out of the cage they go for one another, but next to one another they ignore mostly, with sometimes grooming through the bars. the other day they were out together and jumped in the hay box and happily shared hay for a while. then suddenly, bam, chasing.

if anything, i took out the side panels on their cages and put a play pen panel there as they seemed to be getting angry at not being able to make contact. whereas now they can, and they've been lying next to one another. its like, "we're friends, but for 15 minutes or when HE cant hump me mom" :roll:

they're progressing more, but still snoopy has this thing about humping luna constantly, and she of course doesnt like it. he will try to hump her for half an hour.

I did used to use a calming thingis in Luna's water when i brought her home as her aggression was too much. i had to wear gloves to remove her food bowl, she'd run at the side of the cage when you walked past. I tried maybe 3-4 different types and they didn't make much of a difference so i am slightly skeptical.

maybe i'll give it a go however. i did see some advertised in my pet store. thank you for suggesting it!

How is snoopy this morning?

I wish I had good news, but he seems worse. I've given him his Randitine so maybe he'll perk up. poops are very very small and a black color now. he's just sat there looking pretty miserable, not even responding to his name (luna is, she wants all the attention lol).

is it weird that I decided what I wanted to happen with the bunnies when they died? :? i just knew from when snoopy was 6 months I wanted them cremated, then i wanted the ashes back to put in a bunny locket. its just a random thought i had after my mom looked at me like i was weird when i said that's what i've always wanted lol.

thing is, they're so difficult. they seem to hate one another, but since Snoopy going back down hill Luna has been trying to groom him through the bars and he's been asking for grooms :? but when he is well, they don't get along. the only way to describe these two idiots is that they would ignore one another for 15 minutes, then snoopy wishes to just constantly hump luna's face. personally I would run away too :lol: so then chasing happens, and she lets out a scream when she's backed into a corner(we are dealing with an abused rabbit, so that may be it) when they're out of the cage they go for one another, but next to one another they ignore mostly, with sometimes grooming through the bars. the other day they were out together and jumped in the hay box and happily shared hay for a while. then suddenly, bam, chasing.

if anything, i took out the side panels on their cages and put a play pen panel there as they seemed to be getting angry at not being able to make contact. whereas now they can, and they've been lying next to one another. its like, "we're friends, but for 15 minutes or when HE cant hump me mom" :roll:

they're progressing more, but still snoopy has this thing about humping luna constantly, and she of course doesnt like it. he will try to hump her for half an hour.

I did used to use a calming thingis in Luna's water when i brought her home as her aggression was too much. i had to wear gloves to remove her food bowl, she'd run at the side of the cage when you walked past. I tried maybe 3-4 different types and they didn't make much of a difference so i am slightly skeptical.

maybe i'll give it a go however. i did see some advertised in my pet store. thank you for suggesting it!

I wish I had good news, but he seems worse. I've given him his Randitine so maybe he'll perk up. poops are very very small and a black color now. he's just sat there looking pretty miserable, not even responding to his name (luna is, she wants all the attention lol).

is it weird that I decided what I wanted to happen with the bunnies when they died? :? i just knew from when snoopy was 6 months I wanted them cremated, then i wanted the ashes back to put in a bunny locket. its just a random thought i had after my mom looked at me like i was weird when i said that's what i've always wanted lol.

I believe that daphnephoebe has used de-stressing things for bunnies - perhaps worth a pm her to her. She's lovely and I know she would help if at all possible :)

I think it's a good idea to decide what you want to do with your bunnies' bodies after they die. It's going to happen, and it can happen any time of course. A locket sounds like a lovely thought :love:

I am sorry snoopy isn't showing signs of improvement :(

Back