• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What ??

Dollymix

Young Bun
So I have a 9 months old bunny and he is not aggressive or spray but I took him too my dads and let him out in my room and he has been there before and I think he sprayed urine , what should I do ??

So I have a 9 months old bunny and he is not aggressive or spray but I took him too my dads and let him out in my room and he has been there before and I think he sprayed urine , what should I do ??

If your Buck is still entire then he is very likely to spray. More so in a new environment. Getting him neutered would be my advice, if this has not been done.

Help me!!

So I have a 9 months old bunny and he is not aggressive or spray but I took him too my dads and let him out in my room and he has been there before and I think he sprayed urine , what should I do ?? He is not neutered , if I neuter him will it change his personality?? And I let him out again and he did it all on my legs helllpp !!!!!!! It's horrible

So I have a 9 months old bunny and he is not aggressive or spray but I took him too my dads and let him out in my room and he has been there before and I think he sprayed urine , what should I do ?? He is not neutered , if I neuter him will it change his personality?? And I let him out again and he did it all on my legs helllpp !!!!!!! It's horrible

Neutering is unlikely to change his personality. It will just significantly reduce if not totally eradicate 'unwanted' hormone driven behaviour-ie spraying. As I said in my previous post, my advice would be to get him neutered. The longer you leave him entire the more likely it will be that his spraying will become a learned behaviour. Thus neutering will be less likely to stop him doing it. It may reduce the amount of times he does it and his urine wont be so smelly. But if he becomes conditioned to spraying when he's excited (for whatever reason) he will continue to do it.

Neutering will not change his personality, don't worry about that :)

Is there some reason you prefer not to neuter him?
Neutering bucks is enormously effective in reducing and eliminating this type of behaviour :D

He is marking it as part of his territory. My boy sprays door frames the front door and just in front of his area. I leave for a day then spray with method lavender cleaner....bunny friendly of course. Then he goes around does it all again you get the picture

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Back