• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiya Peeps! :)

~Lisa~

Warren Scout
Hi folks! :)
My name is Lisa. I'm a married mum of three with a passion for anything that has four legs and is covered in fur! lol
I currently own three cats, ten rats, two guinea pigs and two baby rabbits.

I decided to join RU because I'd like to chat to like minded people and have somewhere I can turn to for advice when I need it. I've always kept bunnies but usually on their own or with a guinea pig ~ it was the done thing when I was younger. Nowadays I see it is highly recommended to have bunnies kept in pairs at the very least.

Anyway after the loss of our last bunny, I was so heartbroken that I said I wouldn't have anymore ~ famous last words! sound familiar to anyone? ;)
He'd been a house rabbit for the last six months of his life and we had got to know him in a very different way ~
I still miss him sitting there next to the cats waiting for his breakfast.
My little boy was heartbroken too and after realising that Pepe was not coming back, he began working on me to buy another rabbit! Everyday for the past four months he has begged me to buy a bunny and eventually I gave in and bought two 6week old lionhead lops from a breeder nearby.

So... after trawling the web for extra info, I discovered RabbitRehome. What a wonderful site it is too and a wealth of info!
I am just very saddened to see so many rabbits dumped because their owners no longer can be bothered to care for them ~ I had no idea :(
You bunny lovers are doing a great job providing temporary and long term homes for them!

Well this looks like a nice forum... I hope I will enjoy my stay :)

Hi Lisa - welcome along :wave:

Hope we can get to see some photos of your four legged furries, especially the baby bunnies :)

Hi Lisa! :wave:

I bought my two from a breeder before I knew about RR and other rescue sites. But I still think I rescued them because they could have ended up at the bottom of a garden. Knowing their lovely personalities I couldn't think of anything worse :cry:

I think its a great site and go on it every day!!

ENJOY IT and your little lion heads. Can't wait to see some piccies :D

Hello Lisa :wave:, glad you could join us :thumb:

BTW pics are a must, we all love pics :D :wink:

Can't wait to hear more about you buns :)

Hiya Lisa and welcome :wave:

Can't wait to see pics of the buns! I had Daisy who was the sweetest natured lionhead in the whole wide world (in my opinion :lol: ) and just now we have Shadey who's a bit timid but coming round slowly (bad start in life :( ), ahhhh!

Thankyou for the warm welcome :)

Pictures?! you want pictures?! you just try and stop me showing off my beautiful babies lol :rabbit2: :rabbit2:
I've been snapping away already and will post some up tonight when I have a bit more time.

dustycouch.gif
*thinks: picturestonightpicturestonightpicturestonight........... also really must get round to cleaning this couch :roll: :lol:

:wave: Hi

Aww I bet your babies (furry or otherwise) are gorgeous.
Lionheads are so cute, our buns are lion head crosses (crossed with what is anyone's guess)

I'd love to have so many animal companions, but have neithier the finances or space (being a peniless student living at home). So yup I'm jealous. :lol:

Back