• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daisy. Is it terrible of me to be considering this? :( P19

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I think it may soon be time :( she wasn't too good yesterday, but improved overnight after I restarted her antibiotics. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not. At lunchtime she went out to the garden and down to the grass, which she really enjoyed, bless her. I'm really glad she did that, but she has really suffered for it this afternoon and tonight :( she has barely moved now for about 4 hours, but is eating bits now and again. I think I will know when she's had enough, I was really hoping she could hang on until the nice vet is back from hols though :( maybe she'll surprise me again...

Last edited:
I think it may soon be time :( she wasn't too good yesterday, but improved overnight after I restarted her antibiotics. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not. At lunchtime she went out to the garden and down to the grass, which she really enjoyed, bless her. I'm really glad she did that, but she has really suffered for it this afternoon and tonight :( she has barely moved now for about 4 hours, but is eating bits now and again. I think I will know when she's had enough, I was really hoping she could hang on until the nice vet is back from hols though :( maybe she'll surprise me again...

Bless little Daisy :love:

Such a difficult time :(

But she sounds like a happy little warrior who's still eking out the fun in life :)

Thank you. She barely moved for about 6 hours in the end, then finally perked up a bit 3 hours after her metacam injection. She ate a few things, so I have left her with a ton of food and gone to bed.. hopefully some of it will be gone by morning, it usually is..

Thank you. She barely moved for about 6 hours in the end, then finally perked up a bit 3 hours after her metacam injection. She ate a few things, so I have left her with a ton of food and gone to bed.. hopefully some of it will be gone by morning, it usually is..

Overnight vibes for the little lady :love:

It's terrible being on watch for 'that time', isn't it? I'm in much the same situation with my cat and poor Mimzy. I feel for you. :(

Many vibes that Daisy just overdid it and will be feeling better in the morning. xxxxx

I am sending vibes for you and Daisy. Metacam can make a huge difference when a bunny is feeling ill. Try to not get discouraged because it is good that she is still trying to eat on her own, even if she is not consuming her usual amount.
Sending vibes that you and Daisy will be able to control the situation until the regular vet is available.

Daisy is such a superstar :love: she is clearly struggling but also clearly loves life, and doesn't want to give up, bless her. She was pulling my socks off the maiden earlier :love: she ate overnight, probably half of her usual amount. She has had some banana, pellets and a few brambles, and a big dandelion leaf this morning. I'm so glad today is not the day. It's my dads birthday and the family are coming over so we can go out for lunch. Daisy will like the extra company :) thanks for the vibes, please keep them coming x

Sending lots of vibes for the beautiful Daisy :love: I hope she enjoyed her day.

Also sending hugs for you.

Thanks everyone:) today has been a good day :) I haven't let her out though, so she had to rest... she is so up and down it's going to be very hard to make that decision. I have got another week off work after this one, but then I will have to go back... I don't know if I can do both any more :( that's what got me into the state I'm in now, it's like having 2 full time jobs at once, and stress levels go through the roof. At least for now I am here and keeping her company, and she's happy with that.

I am almost at the end of my three weeks off sick from work. I am just as exhausted as I was at the beginning :( looking after Daisy is a full time job, and I really don't know how I will manage going back to work too :( I only get paid for 3 weeks, so have to go back, as I am already in loads of debt from Daisy's medication bills :( she is up and down, depending how much she overdoes it outside.
We went to the vets last night, Louise is back thank god. We are stopping the baytril to see if she can manage without it. If not she will have to remain on it for the rest of her life. She has it by injection. I also have to inject metacam if she won't eat her banana. She is quite sore now from all the injections :(
I herself she is happy enough, and eating pretty well. But I don't think I can do it any more :( I'm exhausted and broke, and seriously thinking about giving her a lovely couple of days, then saying goodbye on Friday :( is that really bad, if she isn't at that point yet? :( I know it is, not sure what I want you to say, I'm just spent :(

I wouldn't say it is really bad, no. There is sometimes a fine balance between making the decision too early or too late, and being too late is a lot worse in my experience. You have to look after you as well as Daisy, and if you can't carry on as you are then it seems as f it is the right choice for you. Making that choice if you feeli as if you have made it too early will be incredibly hard, there is no easy way out of it.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Back