• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

More issues.

WolfLover456

Young Bun
So I think everyone, or at least, several people know about my bunny, Shadow, who's now neutered and has been 20+ days since his recovery, which I believe went swimmingly. However, I think for a few days, or the last week thus far, he's mainly been laying in his cage and in his house-box that I remade him after my step-dad threw away all of his other stuff. Today, when I let him out of his cage, he refused to come out, he came out once I was getting ready to clean his cage. Immediately going into his box and staying there for at least 2 hours.

Normally, he explores the area when I'm doing so, sometimes laying in plain view, sometimes running around and binkying. I first thought that because rabbits are normally not as active throughout most portions of the day--aside from early morning and at night--in my experience, he's much more active at night--but after I manage to get him back into his cage to assure he'll eat or at least drink. He's been hutched in a corner where he uses the bathroom. He's flinging, or pushing bedding around the area and continuously sitting up or laying back down each second.

I made sure, well, tried to at least, to see if he wasn't in any sort of pain. Gently touching and scarcely pushing down in specific areas and I don't recall any reaction assuming pain. He looks away whenever I wave my hand in front of him, when I get ready to pet him, as for lastly--previously after his neuter, he shoves his head under my hand, but he seems to slightly tense up or something when I do like he's scared of something. I haven't done anything aside from giving him a long petting session last night when it was family game night and put him back when he wanted to be back into the room. I'm not sure if my sibling's loud noises might as well scared him, taken he's skittish, but nothing else happened after we all went to bed. Only him being up. So far right now as I'm writing this, he hasn't gone near his food. Some activity of moving about, but only shortly after I left and came back only for him still being in the corner as claimed. He eats to his own accord and I don't want to stress him furthermore by trying to shove pellets at him to tempt him to eat, but might as well have to if he still won't go to his food area.I tried addressing this to other places for rabbits but frankly, I get ignored there. Every time and every group. I'm already thinking about calling the vet to see if they'd know what's wrong but I'm not sure we have money to pay for it.

Especially when it comes to my rabbit's health, I get snapped out regarding having no money by my parents. Frankly, I'm scared to think if he's starting to develop stasis and furthermore scared my parents won't care how urgent it might as well be.

I'm on a full-blown panic attack. The vet's only available for tomorrow and we don't have the money to take him in tomorrow and they're not going to be available next week. I can't ******* do anything right for any animal I have.

Back