• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Miley in for spay today!

Mileymoo

Young Bun
So, Miley went in for her spay this morning at 9am. I'm so nervous! The vets are really good though and I know they'll look after her.
Lots of vibes for Miley, please! I'll keep you all updated!

Thanks so much guys!
I've cleaned her crate out and disinfected everything so it's all ready for her. She'll be in there for a few days so I wanted to make it nice for her :3

Just got a call, she's out of surgery and doing well! I can pick her up at 5pm. I'm so relieved I nearly cried when they phoned haha :)

Thanks guys!
She's going to be a pampered princess for the next few days... although actually she is all the time haha! :D

She's back!
Hasn't eaten or pooped yet but surgery wasn't long ago. She's not very pleased with me! She's got loads of her favourite things to nibble on though and I keep checking to see if she's eaten them or pooped.
IMG_1536.jpg

She's back!
Hasn't eaten or pooped yet but surgery wasn't long ago. She's not very pleased with me! She's got loads of her favourite things to nibble on though and I keep checking to see if she's eaten them or pooped.
IMG_1536.jpg

What a pretty picture :love:

Takes a while in my experience - can be 2/3 days before back to normal.

When is the post spay vet check up?

Post spay check up is Friday afternoon :)
She's mad a munch on some parsley and is taking some gentle hops around.
I'm so proud of my girl :)

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed! She's snuggled up with a mildly warm hot water bottle (in a cushion cover to prevent chewing of course!) and her blanket at the moment, and she's just had a couple of drinks of water from her bowl when I offered it to her, so that's good! :)

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed! She's snuggled up with a mildly warm hot water bottle (in a cushion cover to prevent chewing of course!) and her blanket at the moment, and she's just had a couple of drinks of water from her bowl when I offered it to her, so that's good! :)

She's doing a lot better than the last spay I had done :D

Fingers and toes crossed xx

Back