• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Devastated beyond belief

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
It is with a very heavy heart I write this post..... we had recently got a beautiful continental doe to bond with Rex. Only had her 10days..... they have been sniffing through bars and been in runs outdoors next to each other. Last night while feeding and changing litter trays I didn't realised the clip hadn't fixed on Rex cage, he is very quick and before I saw anything he was past me like lightning straight into her cage (which I was also half in) he went straight for her and in the seconds it took for me to grab him he had harmed her. I rang the emergency vet and took her down. They kept her to sedate her to assess the damage fully. I had a phone call 5.30am..... she didn't make it. I am utterly devastated and have relayed what happened over and over.... it was literally seconds. I feel so responsible. I have had a very bad day today

I can only imagine what you're going through & how shocked & upset you must be. I'm so very sorry. You're not responsible.

Sweet dreams wee girlie xx

I can only imagine what you're going through & how shocked & upset you must be. I'm so very sorry. You're not responsible.

Sweet dreams wee girlie xx

I feel so very responsible.... ive had a major meltdown.... ended up seeing an emergency doctor.... this is just the final straw of a very long list. Cant believe my sweet gentle giant is gone. Didn't have her long but I had fallen head over heels and knew she was going to be very special....... im so so sad

I am so sorry. You did everything possible and couldn't have reacted any quicker. It can only take a second for these things to happen. It's definitely not your fault, although I can understand the feeling that it is.

Binky free, bun. Sending you and Rex love. xxx

It is with a very heavy heart I write this post..... we had recently got a beautiful continental doe to bond with Rex. Only had her 10days..... they have been sniffing through bars and been in runs outdoors next to each other. Last night while feeding and changing litter trays I didn't realised the clip hadn't fixed on Rex cage, he is very quick and before I saw anything he was past me like lightning straight into her cage (which I was also half in) he went straight for her and in the seconds it took for me to grab him he had harmed her. I rang the emergency vet and took her down. They kept her to sedate her to assess the damage fully. I had a phone call 5.30am..... she didn't make it. I am utterly devastated and have relayed what happened over and over.... it was literally seconds. I feel so responsible. I have had a very bad day today

Oh Nik I am so sorry. That's devastating for you.

It's the sort of thing that could happen to anyone.

Sending love and hugs - PM me anytime xx

I just don't know what to say.
It really is seconds, I've lost pets due to thinking a door is closed when it wasn't and one attacking the other.
You'll replay and replay and may never fully forgive yourself but you done everything you could.

Lots of comforting hugs being sent to you - you've done nothing wrong xxx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I am so very sorry for your loss, what a terrible shock. :( But it was an accident, please try to be kind to yourself, it could've happened to any of us. ((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) xxxx

How terribly shocking :( Don't blame yourself - I would never expect something like that to happen if I accidentally let 2 of my rabbits together. An injury, yes probably, but not fatal. It seems like a freak accident to me :(

I'm so, so deeply sorry. I went through something similar six years ago, and I found it so isolating to be told 'it was an accident', or 'it's not your fault' or 'don't blame yourself' because I felt that it was my fault, and even though I didn't intend for it to happen, it still did, as a result of something I did and I felt that I couldn't talk about it because, if I did, I would just be shut down with well intentioned but unhelpful comments. So I'm not going to say those things. You feel how you feel and that's ok. All I'll say is to just hold on, and keep holding on. Look after yourself as best you can. Reach out and talk about it and her. Share how you feel. It won't being her back, but it will help you in time. X

I just don't know what to say.
It really is seconds, I've lost pets due to thinking a door is closed when it wasn't and one attacking the other.
You'll replay and replay and may never fully forgive yourself but you done everything you could.

Lots of comforting hugs being sent to you - you've done nothing wrong xxx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
This is very true, every time I close my eyes I replay the whole situation, was I quick enough, could have I done anything differently, did I react quick enough.... its torture, I saw a doctor yesterday as I keep having aches and pains and panics when something doesn't go right and those effects last several days, feel like ive been beaten up today!!

I'm so, so deeply sorry. I went through something similar six years ago, and I found it so isolating to be told 'it was an accident', or 'it's not your fault' or 'don't blame yourself' because I felt that it was my fault, and even though I didn't intend for it to happen, it still did, as a result of something I did and I felt that I couldn't talk about it because, if I did, I would just be shut down with well intentioned but unhelpful comments. So I'm not going to say those things. You feel how you feel and that's ok. All I'll say is to just hold on, and keep holding on. Look after yourself as best you can. Reach out and talk about it and her. Share how you feel. It won't being her back, but it will help you in time. X
Thank you, I can relate to all of that, since my son has forced me to see a doctor and I have talked about everything I think that although the road to proper recovery is going to be a slow one perhaps ive started that journey to recovery, I certainly hope so!!

Thank you, I can relate to all of that, since my son has forced me to see a doctor and I have talked about everything I think that although the road to proper recovery is going to be a slow one perhaps ive started that journey to recovery, I certainly hope so!!

(((((((( Hugs ))))))))

Back