• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle is dead U/D PM results

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
I cannot believe it, I'm on work experience at the moment. The people that I was with got a call to say that my mum had called in and I have to ring my mum as soon as possible. I phone my mum and she's in tears. She found Pickle flat down and floppy in the run. They rush him into the vets and they tried to put him on oxygen but he fitted and died :cry:

They said he had a heart murmur and that his mouth was blue!? So they're pretty certain it was his heart and that he went into failure. I've phoned the vets and requested they do a post mortem TODAY. I also have asked them to send off for VHD2. My four, well three aren't vaccinated for VHD2 as it hasn't been in our area. The other 3 are being vaccinated tomorrow. It seems very unlikely it's VHD2 but can't risk it.

I'm in complete shock. My poor handsome boy, he was only 6.

19693022072_431059278d.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot believe it, I'm on work experience at the moment. The people that I was with got a call to say that my mum had called in and I have to ring my mum as soon as possible. I phone my mum and she's in tears. She found Pickle flat down and floppy in the run. They rush him into the vets and they tried to put him on oxygen but he fitted and died :cry:

They said he had a heart murmur and that his mouth was blue!? So they're pretty certain it was his heart and that he went into failure. I've phoned the vets and requested they do a post mortem TODAY. I also have asked them to send off for VHD2. My four, well three aren't vaccinated for VHD2 as it hasn't been in our area. The other 3 are being vaccinated tomorrow. It seems very unlikely it's VHD2 but can't risk it.

Oh no Jack, how awful :cry: I am so very sorry :cry:

RIP Pickle xx

Oh I'm so sorry! It's awful when they go suddenly, and you're not there! I'm sure everyone on here knows how you feel. Hope you can get some answers from the PM. Sending sympathy vibes. RIP Pickle xx

I'm so very sorry :cry:

R.I.P. Pickle x

The post mortem showed a thickened and congested left ventricle and he had lesions on his lungs and they were a slight abnormal colour. It's likely he had heart and lung disease but VHD 2 can't be ruled out, it's going to take up to two weeks for the VHD sample result to come back. They are going to send off some other samples too to work out exactly what killed him as well as the VHD2 liver ones.

Oh Jack, I am absolutely heartsick at this news :cry::cry::cry: Pickle was one of my favorite buns here at RU and such a lovely lad. I'm gutted for you. It's not a bit fair. :cry:
It sounds very much like how I lost Pip, so unexpected and so quickly. They hide illnesses like heart disease so well. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending comforting hugs your way.

Sleep well, handsome Pickle. You will be so very deeply missed, beautiful boy. :cry: xxxx

Back