• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie has died

Lizzie

Mama Doe
I've got to do this and get it over and done with but my very special boy, Charlie, passed over the Rainbow Bridge this evening just before I got to the hospital to visit him. As you know from the Rabbit Care section, it was suspected that he had a bladder infection, I think now it might have been kidney disease/damage so I am going to have a post mortem done so that the questions will be answered. After that my little first-born boy will be cremated.

I am devastated and I know a lot you on here have gone through this already, I just don't know what else to say - there is such an empty little corner in the kitchen, poor Polly looks so lonely without her little man, and a big empty space in my heart. :cry:

[/img]
12A.jpg
[/url]

Just edited this message to add a picture of my lovely boy, he is on the left, and don't you think it looks as though Polly has her arm around him?

I know words can never replace your special little one Charlie.

My heart goes out to you and polly

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss. I can't begin to imagine how you or Polly must be feeling right now :(

Oh Lizze
What can I say but I'm so sorry. It really hasn't been your year has it.
MY thought s are with you at this sad time.
Binky free from pain little man as you cross that bridge.

We at Ebony-Eyes are all so very sorry to hear this sad news :cry:

Run free little Charlie - such a special little boy and so well loved.

Have fun at the Bridge and eat all the carrot tops that you can in the endless spring sunshine that will be forever on you.

Thanks everybody, it is nice to know that you are all thinking of us. I think it's getting worse before it gets better: it's such a cliche but time is a great healer and I will just have to try to be patient. :cry:

Just before I finally get to bed, thought you might like to see this picture of my very handsome boy, taken about 2 years ago I think! :)
Pict0011A.jpg
[/img]

Lizzie I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. I am sending a huge hug to you from myself and all the Sanctuary bunnies.
Binky free over the bridge little man, you were one of the lucky bunnies who had a mummy who loved you lots. You will always be in her heart.

Lizzie I ahve just seen this ...I am so sorry to hear about Charlie.....the name of my first also...but a girl. They are both now running free and very pain free
Karen and the crew

Dear Lizzie,

Further to our phone conversation re Charlie last night, I just want to say that you are very much in our thoughts and hope you can come to terms with your very sad loss.

Charlie was a gorgeous, cheeky bunny and a great character.
Please give Polly a cuddle from us, and sending lots of hugs too.

Love Adele, David and all the Sanctuary Bunnies
XXXX

Lizzie - I am so so utterly sorry to hear about Charlie :cry: I know there are no words that will help the with the pain, but time is a great healer as they say. You know Charlie had a wonderful life with you - he could not have had better!! If I were a bunny, I would love you to be my bunny mummy. Much love to you Lizzie, we are all thinking of you here. xxxxxxxx

Back