• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blanket nibbling

JackieS

Warren Scout
Anyone have any tips from stopping your buns nibbling bedding?? I recently bought Axl two pieces of vetbed as he had some red looking hocks last time he was seen at the vet....but we've had to take the one we opened up because we caught him biting chunks out the side :roll: so now I'm stuck with one opened and one unopened bit of vet bed I can't blooming use :lol::roll::

Anyone have any tips from stopping your buns nibbling bedding?? I recently bought Axl two pieces of vetbed as he had some red looking hocks last time he was seen at the vet....but we've had to take the one we opened up because we caught him biting chunks out the side :roll: so now I'm stuck with one opened and one unopened bit of vet bed I can't blooming use :lol::roll::

Unfortunately some Rabbits will always chew any fabric. Can you use lots of soft deep hay as a substrate ? You could return the unopened Vetbed if you have the receipt x

I found mine don't nibble the vet bed if I put a blanket over the top - you could try it on the opened one to see if it helps.

You should be able to return the unopened one with a receipt.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

It's trial and error Jackie!

Sometimes buns stop nibbling when they get older - how old are yours?

Back