• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A lonely 8 year old bun

karen354

Warren Veteran
I've had rescue buns for years, unfortunately they got old and passed away my Bertie bun died aged 12 and my other buns about 10 years.. I've now got one Bun called Sally ( an ex honey bunny ) she's about 8, Sally lost her partner Thomas last year, she seemed fine when Thomas passed away but lately she seems sad.. Sally wasn't easy to bond with another bun she bullied two partners, luckily I had the room so kept them all , she finally bonded with her Thomas until he passed away.. I so want her to have a companion, any advice please ? Shall I try or leave her a single bunxx

I've had rescue buns for years, unfortunately they got old and passed away my Bertie bun died aged 12 and my other buns about 10 years.. I've now got one Bun called Sally ( an ex honey bunny ) she's about 8, Sally lost her partner Thomas last year, she seemed fine when Thomas passed away but lately she seems sad.. Sally wasn't easy to bond with another bun she bullied two partners, luckily I had the room so kept them all , she finally bonded with her Thomas until he passed away.. I so want her to have a companion, any advice please ? Shall I try or leave her a single bunxx

Perhaps you could contact Jill who might have a suitable Buck that could be a companion for Sally.

I am sorry that Thomas passed away :cry:

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about Thomas :(

Only you can decide whether you want to take on another rabbit, and whether you've them time, space, fund etc. Do you want to continue the cycle of having rabbits for the foreseeable future, or perhaps not?

I would always try not to have a single bun if at all possible. Also, regards easiness of bonding, I find that bereaved bunnies who are a bit older have mellowed with age and can be much easier to bond than they once were :)

Back