• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Workshops?

they did this last year also. i agree with the movement, its stopping bunnies being sold as easter gifts and being thrown in shelters or horrible conditions.

and even if people see it as an opportunity to keep their kids busy, I don't see the issue too much. the kids are still learning and getting to interact with animals. i see a lot of children scared of rabbits, or any animals actually lol. kinda amusing to see a toddler start crying at a hamster.

if anything my mother said "hey we could go snuggle some bunnies" lol.

they did this last year also. i agree with the movement, its stopping bunnies being sold as easter gifts and being thrown in shelters or horrible conditions.

and even if people see it as an opportunity to keep their kids busy, I don't see the issue too much. the kids are still learning and getting to interact with animals. i see a lot of children scared of rabbits, or any animals actually lol. kinda amusing to see a toddler start crying at a hamster.

if anything my mother said "hey we could go snuggle some bunnies" lol.

Sounds like a good thing .. I didn't know they did it last year :)

I know a lot of youngsters are afraid of dogs. I only ever find young children want to be all over my bunnies! :lol:

This is a good thing, as I was rambling on about in another thread yesterday, Some families really are clueless about responsible pet ownership, workshops are a great idea. There should be more of them. People mostly are kind and a lot of the bad owners are ignorant rather than cruel. Pets at home do also do a 45 minute consultation on selling a rabbit. My recent adopted rabbit Dave was in their rehome/charity bit and I had to show pictures of my set up to adopt him. However, this was nowhere near the thorough check that some rescues do. I did ask them about doing a home check but they said they didn't have the staff. Anyway, great that they're not selling rabbits this weekend, it may prevent a few impulse buys...

http://www.wharfedaleobserver.co.uk/news/15220477.Rabbit_workshops_at_Guiseley_pet_store/

Pets@Home are stopping the sale of rabbits over the Easter period, and holding workshops aimed at educating people in rabbit care ...

I guess it's a step in the right direction - though perhaps parents will see it as an opportunity to keep their children occupied over the holiday by getting to pet the rabbits!
Pets at home don't allow bunny cuddles... the cuddles are with guinea pigs and the workshop is a talk about the care of the animals

This is a good thing, as I was rambling on about in another thread yesterday, Some families really are clueless about responsible pet ownership, workshops are a great idea. There should be more of them. People mostly are kind and a lot of the bad owners are ignorant rather than cruel. Pets at home do also do a 45 minute consultation on selling a rabbit. My recent adopted rabbit Dave was in their rehome/charity bit and I had to show pictures of my set up to adopt him. However, this was nowhere near the thorough check that some rescues do. I did ask them about doing a home check but they said they didn't have the staff. Anyway, great that they're not selling rabbits this weekend, it may prevent a few impulse buys...

I know there's a lot of P@H bashing on here, but let's say that they are trying?

A 45 minute consultation sounds good - shame about the lack of home check, as it's important that the buns second chance is the best possible :D

And yes, I hope people think twice about buying a rabbit. Not just at Easter, but at any time!

I know there's a lot of P@H bashing on here, but let's say that they are trying?

A 45 minute consultation sounds good - shame about the lack of home check, as it's important that the buns second chance is the best possible :D

And yes, I hope people think twice about buying a rabbit. Not just at Easter, but at any time!

Im kind of on the fence with the home check thing.... I think sometimes a home check can go against.... for example several years ago (about 25 actually!) we wanted a cat, I tried a few rescues before I finally found one that had a kitten looking for a home, I went to visit it and decided yes I would like to adopt it... now when you work full time its difficult to find a time that is suitable for all parties but we agreed a date and time, no one showed, rang again and rebooked for the following week, they rang the day before and cancelled, I couldn't make the following week and they said they would ring the week after, by then it would have 5 weeks since we had viewed the cat, sounds impatient but was so much easier just to go and buy one from an advert in the paper!!!

Back