• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Princess Talulah Belle has 2 lumps :(

Shayne_

Warren Scout
I'm hating myself right now and wishing I was wrong. God how I wish I was wrong. I knew in my gut something was wrong, something was not right.

Talulah has been breathing heavily for a few days, her body rocking, quick, deep breathing constantly even when calm, relaxed, sleeping or active. I thought I'll check... I'll get opinions. Even when reassured it happens with rabbits, they can breathe quickly and so on. But then I checked, because I knew I wasn't wrong. Something wasn't right. Her breathing was 200 a minute while calm and relaxed, not nose twitching rapid, actual breathing hard rapid. I told the missus. Look at her. She's not ok. We agreed. This wasn't normal.

Took her the vet and Rita was straight away concerned with the breathing, took a long time listening, checking heart and chest. Fast but clear. Seemed alright. Next stomach. She's silent, having a good feel. Then bad news.

I'm feeling a lump I'm not happy with.

(Cussing!!)

2 lumps, one around the kidney the other at the other side but she couldn't be sure of kidney or not by feeling the second lump.

They don't feel like stone but it could be. She's really concerned and wants them removed, said if they are not stones but tumoirs the prognosis is very bad.

We've had Talulah 8 weeks today. 4 weeks ago she went into a bad bout of stasis. She thinks it could have been caused by this. She also didnt feel these 2 lumps 4 weeks ago, they've grown quickly.

Talulah is eating. Active. Alert. Peeing. Pooping. Drinking (I need to double check and watch her drink tonight) all fine

She's been given metacam injection and I've metacam for the coming days.

Plan of action for now is pain relief.

Any change at all vets at 8am for X-ray and surgery

Booked in Wednesday for X-ray and surgery

It would be sooner but it's the bank holiday weekend and bad time for surgery unless emergency as would be out of hour care ( which icant afford)

I'm stressed. Abit upset. Hating myself for being right. Gutted.

Hoping she's going to be ok. Not had her long but love her to bits. She's my princess. The Missus is upset too

We've got horrific luck :(

I'm so sorry to hear this :( I can imagine how upset you both are.

Sending loads of vibes for Talulah. I hope her surgery goes well and that the lumps turn out to be stones.

I'm hating myself right now and wishing I was wrong. God how I wish I was wrong. I knew in my gut something was wrong, something was not right.

Talulah has been breathing heavily for a few days, her body rocking, quick, deep breathing constantly even when calm, relaxed, sleeping or active. I thought I'll check... I'll get opinions. Even when reassured it happens with rabbits, they can breathe quickly and so on. But then I checked, because I knew I wasn't wrong. Something wasn't right. Her breathing was 200 a minute while calm and relaxed, not nose twitching rapid, actual breathing hard rapid. I told the missus. Look at her. She's not ok. We agreed. This wasn't normal.

Took her the vet and Rita was straight away concerned with the breathing, took a long time listening, checking heart and chest. Fast but clear. Seemed alright. Next stomach. She's silent, having a good feel. Then bad news.

I'm feeling a lump I'm not happy with.

(Cussing!!)

2 lumps, one around the kidney the other at the other side but she couldn't be sure of kidney or not by feeling the second lump.

They don't feel like stone but it could be. She's really concerned and wants them removed, said if they are not stones but tumoirs the prognosis is very bad.

We've had Talulah 8 weeks today. 4 weeks ago she went into a bad bout of stasis. She thinks it could have been caused by this. She also didnt feel these 2 lumps 4 weeks ago, they've grown quickly.

Talulah is eating. Active. Alert. Peeing. Pooping. Drinking (I need to double check and watch her drink tonight) all fine

She's been given metacam injection and I've metacam for the coming days.

Plan of action for now is pain relief.

Any change at all vets at 8am for X-ray and surgery

Booked in Wednesday for X-ray and surgery

It would be sooner but it's the bank holiday weekend and bad time for surgery unless emergency as would be out of hour care ( which icant afford)

I'm stressed. Abit upset. Hating myself for being right. Gutted.

Hoping she's going to be ok. Not had her long but love her to bits. She's my princess. The Missus is upset too

We've got horrific luck :(

You might feel you have horrific luck, but Talulah sure is lucky to have you :love:

I've had rabbits with lumps. Of all sorts. I kind of saw this coming from the very start of your post :(

Try not to second guess until there's more info.

My thoughts are with you both, and your princess. I hope the X-ray and surgery go well and tell you all you need to know.

In the meantime, is Talulah well within herself?

Thank you everyone. I think she's ok atm. She rocking a lot less and not so fast, hoping the pain killer is helping. She's been eating and things but I haven't seen her drink yet.

I had a quick gentle feel of her tummy and I can actually feel one of the lumps.. freaked me out a bit tbh. It seemed big. Size of thumb tip kind of thing

Thank you everyone. I think she's ok atm. She rocking a lot less and not so fast, hoping the pain killer is helping. She's been eating and things but I haven't seen her drink yet.

I had a quick gentle feel of her tummy and I can actually feel one of the lumps.. freaked me out a bit tbh. It seemed big. Size of thumb tip kind of thing

I hope she's well this morning? Is she drinking yet? And pooping OK?

She seems to be breathing better, it's not as bad as it was but not normal for her either

There has been multiple pee spots, they look normal on the pee mat, nothing that looks like sludge or stones or blood or anything. I'm swapping every 2 pees and I've done it 5 times since I got back from the vets. So I think she is peeing ok, if half are hers and half are his. I don't think she is pooping much but they look normal. But I don't think she's eating as much as usual either. She's resting more. She's not interest in the hay. She is happy to be out eating grass and pellets and veg are all ok so I'm not too worried about her not eating as much as I know she's in pain and on meds. The vet said it can upset the stomach a little but she's not too worried about that happening, just making her stable and comfortable is until cam remove the lumps. I haven't seen her drinking the water bowl isn't going down. But she only drinks a lot when eating a lot of hay. She's on grass that's damp. Hard to judge if that's an issue but she pees so I'm guessing she's ok

Right now I'm semi comfortable that she is feeling ok she's happy in the garden, not stressed, calm and relaxed.

She seems to be breathing better, it's not as bad as it was but not normal for her either

There has been multiple pee spots, they look normal on the pee mat, nothing that looks like sludge or stones or blood or anything. I'm swapping every 2 pees and I've done it 5 times since I got back from the vets. So I think she is peeing ok, if half are hers and half are his. I don't think she is pooping much but they look normal. But I don't think she's eating as much as usual either. She's resting more. She's not interest in the hay. She is happy to be out eating grass and pellets and veg are all ok so I'm not too worried about her not eating as much as I know she's in pain and on meds. The vet said it can upset the stomach a little but she's not too worried about that happening, just making her stable and comfortable is until cam remove the lumps. I haven't seen her drinking the water bowl isn't going down. But she only drinks a lot when eating a lot of hay. She's on grass that's damp. Hard to judge if that's an issue but she pees so I'm guessing she's ok

Right now I'm semi comfortable that she is feeling ok she's happy in the garden, not stressed, calm and relaxed.

I am sorry to hear of PTB's problems :cry: I hope that the Vet can help her and that if surgery is needed it goes well. The fact that she seems reasonably OK within herself at the moment is good news.

I'm glad she seems to be comfortable in herself at the moment. She sounds like a wee poppet and you're taking care of her so well. You just have to try and stop worrying too much yourself .. easy to say, I know.

I think she's started stomach pressing and seems uncomfortable. Taking her back to vets to be checked etc at 545pm appointment. I could probably leave it and tell myself I'm picking up on nothing but if I leave it and do noting tonight it's going to be the bank holiday weekend and I'll be screwed with out of hours care if she goes downhill, they're not open again until Tuesday

I think she's started stomach pressing and seems uncomfortable. Taking her back to vets to be checked etc at 545pm appointment. I could probably leave it and tell myself I'm picking up on nothing but if I leave it and do noting tonight it's going to be the bank holiday weekend and I'll be screwed with out of hours care if she goes downhill, they're not open again until Tuesday

Wise decision, I hope the Vet can help her to feel more comfortable xx

She's just curled her legs under her really awkward with a bit of a jolt after only just sitting up, stretched her back and pressed her tummy down. Making chewing actions. Stomach flat down and rocking as she breathes. I hate this. :( she's not due her painkiller yet. Feel abit useless just watching

She's just curled her legs under her really awkward with a bit of a jolt after only just sitting up, stretched her back and pressed her tummy down. Making chewing actions. Stomach flat down and rocking as she breathes. I hate this. :( she's not due her painkiller yet. Feel abit useless just watching

I'd give the Vet a call and ask if it'd be OK to give the dose now as PTB seems to be in a significant amount of pain x

I've given her metacam now and checked.

Worried

She's pooped but there's some white mucious in it. I've saved it to show the vet. She had a pee too but.. She seems really really uncomfortable... blatantly up and down. Tummy to floor jumping up. Sitting with her hips down? Back arched funny. Ears back. Hoping the pain killer helps :((

I'm glad you're taking her back to the vet. Especially with the long weekend coming up ..

They may decide to adjust the level of pain relief ...

I've given her metacam now and checked.

Worried

She's pooped but there's some white mucious in it. I've saved it to show the vet. She had a pee too but.. She seems really really uncomfortable... blatantly up and down. Tummy to floor jumping up. Sitting with her hips down? Back arched funny. Ears back. Hoping the pain killer helps :((

:cry:

Does she feel cold to touch ?

She's neither cold or hot on her ears? Feels normal? Maybe room temp.. I don't have central heating on so the room is cool

She's neither cold or hot on her ears? Feels normal? Maybe room temp.. I don't have central heating on so the room is cool

That's a good sign then, as it'd be an additional concern if she felt cold to touch. Hopefully the Metacam will start to kick in within the next hour x

It's a very good sign if her ears feel normal temperature wise. Much more concerning if she begins to feel cold.

Also, a cool room is better than too warm :)

Back