• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D 29.01.18 results - FHB survey - Origin of RHDV infection in domestic rabbits .

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Copied from Frances Harcourt-Brown's Facebook page:

"I've set up a survey into the origin of RHD infection. It is sometimes a mystery how rabbits get the infection. My plan is to publish the results on my website and keep them updated. Here is the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8X7QPY9"

Last edited:
She is so dedicated, I hope her research is fruitful & we can learn something from so many sad bunny losses

She is so dedicated, I hope her research is fruitful & we can learn something from so many sad bunny losses

She is. I don't think people always fully appreciate that dedication given that she's retired yet spends a massive amount of time (and money) on research projects. We are so lucky she's doing all this for bunnies.

I love the way she presents stuff in such a user friendly way. Really interesting how variable the mortality rate is when an owner has multiple rabbits

I love the way she presents stuff in such a user friendly way. Really interesting how variable the mortality rate is when an owner has multiple rabbits
:thumb:
Yeah, she has a real talent for explaining things well, whether verbal or other.

Thanks BB - its really interesting

Frances was emphasising the need for good biosecurity at the nurses' day as she said the results were showing a possible source of infection being vet visits/admissions. Sadly, I think some vets are still not taking it seriously enough.

Frances was emphasising the need for good biosecurity at the nurses' day as she said the results were showing a possible source of infection being vet visits/admissions. Sadly, I think some vets are still not taking it seriously enough.

I was having this exact conversation with someone recently. Thankfully my Vet's Surgery is hyper vigilant re biosecurity, but another local Practice has a very cavalier attitude :cry:

Back