• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday guilt

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Does anyone else feel really guilty when they go on holiday?
We are going to Wales for 4 nights on Tuesday and I feel awful leaving the buns :( They are going to a lovely lady that I know will take good care of them but I can't help wishing that I wasn't going!

Aww I know exactly what you mean.. I am also heading to Wales on Wednesday for 4 days and even though my partner is staying at home with the bunnies, I'm feeling so guilty!

Normally we all head up as a family, but due to me going up for a funeral, we thought it was best for him to stay at home with them so I can support my family!

Bailey is like my baby, he waits by the door for me when I come in, and apparently settles down much quicker at bed time when I'm home! Spoilt mummy's boy! :lol:

I'm sure your bunnies will be absolutely fine.. And look forward to seeing you when your back xxx

Yes! I can empathise, not been on holiday for years & while some of that is money related most of it is anxiety about leaving the bunnies. This started with Noodley (chronically ill bridge bun) but now I finally have three healthy bunnies in a solid trio I'm determined to break the cycle. I'll start with a UK based holiday so I can get home quick if necessary.

Enjoy your holiday - enjoying time away from bunnies is important (although if you're anything like us you'll spend the whole time looking for wildies) x

I don't get the guilt, no. I am more anxious leaving them after one of my beautiful oldies died last summer whilst I was on holiday though. I see you are in Stoke, where are they off to for boarding? :wave:

Does anyone else feel really guilty when they go on holiday?
We are going to Wales for 4 nights on Tuesday and I feel awful leaving the buns :( They are going to a lovely lady that I know will take good care of them but I can't help wishing that I wasn't going!

Hi Roxy - I hope you have a lovely break. You certainly deserve it!

I take the buns with me on holiday, so I don't feel guilty, and I can keep an eye on them too :)

I also have the guilt when leaving them to go on holiday
Why? They stay with a nice lady in a lovely environment and she sends regular updates, but I still hate leaving them

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Oh don't even. I'm going away at 3.45am for a week. My friend is coming to house sit but I'm totally gutted to be leaving my 2. I miss them already xx

Nice to see that I'm not alone. I never used to be a worrier but my buns have made me this way :lol: We are going away for my birthday and it's been booked a long time or I'd probably cancel.
I'll get daily phone calls and photo updates too so it is a bit silly really. I don't mind leaving Bea & Henry so much but I hate leaving Hiro and Sylar because of their health issues.
We've decided not to go abroard this year because we spent the whole of our holiday to Gran Canaria wanting to come home. I think we will try again next year for my 30th birthday though!
TheBee, we take them to a place called Weston Coyney Pet Lodge. She takes such great care of them and always puts my mind at ease!

I'm away in America for 2 weeks and I feel so bad leaving my pets, its ridiculous really! Especially Lucy lop who I had to separate from the other 3 due to a massive falling out, so she's in a cordoned off area in the bunny shed. (Whilst here, I have looked on gumtree every day and bought a new second hand hutch and 8 ft run, which I'll pick up when home for Lucy until I bond her with my new rescue bun Dave).
Also missing Dave my new bunny, was just starting to really bond with him.
Also my lovely trio, I hope they're enjoying their new attached walk in run.
And my cat Gemini, I bet she,s really missing me. In fact I texted my friend to go over to give her a cuddle today, felt so bad.
Not worried about my other cat Diavlo, we are mere staff to him and he'll be fine.
Not worried about the piggies either, they're happy munching the grass in their attached run.
I am loving America, but I do miss my furries... one more week to go (and then I get my new set up and also maybe a runaround set I'm hoping to but off here also yay).

I'm quite lucky as mine stay home and my (adult) son looks after them.

I do worry as he can't drive should an emergency vet trip be needed but we have both sets of parents and a neighbour on standby if needed. Also I don't think he'd be able to administer meds but again my mum would be able to help.

I insist on what's app pics from him daily and a video call every couple of days.

I haven't went on vacation in a long time but I know I'll feel guilty when I do! Although I wouldn't let it spoil my vacation or anything but I would worry about my pets missing me. I'd want to do video calls with them so they wouldnt think I'd dropped off the face of the earth! I'd have my family look after them so I know they'd be ok otherwise.

My sisters want me to go visit them (I'm in Florida, they're in New York and Oregon so pretty far away), one of my sisters was hoping I could this month but I have to sort things out with my pets first (illnesses, ducks that are trying to fight each other, etc)! Don't think my family is too eager to look after all my pets either (even though I said I'll be paying them) so I'll need to set up things to where it'll be as easy as possible!

I'm sat in the airport missing Pettypops. Do you think they know you're going? I think she was extra clingy last night. I'm only going for a week but i miss her already [emoji25]

Worst. Flight. Ever. There was something wrong with the undercarriage so we made an emergency landing at Gatwick and on the way there, he shuts the engine off without telling anyone and dumps the fuel. I genuinely thought i was going to die.

Worst. Flight. Ever. There was something wrong with the undercarriage so we made an emergency landing at Gatwick and on the way there, he shuts the engine off without telling anyone and dumps the fuel. I genuinely thought i was going to die.

I know that feeling :(

So glad you didn't though xx

Back