• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3rd June Forage Day 2017!! Booking now!!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
FORAGING FOR RABBITS

A One day ‘Course’ led by Twigs Way on 3rd June 2017

Cost for the day (including lunch) £22:
Urgently raising money towards myxi and vhd2 vacs for our 30 buns!

Twigs is author of the RWA book on Foraging for Rabbits and the soon to be launched RWA book ‘Gardening for Rabbits’

To be held at Twigs’ home in the delightful countryside on the Cambridgeshire/Northamptonshire border c.10km southwest of Peterborough (no its not flat!)

Twigs will introduce the basics of forage identification and collection before we head out to explore and collect in the the byways and verges locally with further lessons in identification as we walk . Collecting is encouraged!
After lunch we will head further afield to examine the opportunities for foraging different ranges of weeds including those that grow on rather weedy allotments!

Home made vegetarian lunch provided (vegan by request) as well as tea and cakes in the afternoon.

Come and join in the fun. Meet other rabbity people and
Learn to confidently identify wild foods for your rabbit.

email twigs at twigsway@me.com

PS I have a snazzy poster but due to not being on photobucket etc cant seem to upload it!! If you are on facebook nip over to Parsley piert Parcels facebook - its on there!!

I was just about to start a post about this to see if anyone here is going. I'd love to come but I don't know anyone and I'd be coming from Stoke-On-Trent on my lonesome :roll:

I've posted the poster for you!
2retb0k.jpg

I'm in! I went to the 2015 one, learnt loads and had a lovely day with a bunch of lovely rabbity people in gorgeous surroundings with thoroughly delicious food - perfect!
I was just about to start a post about this to see if anyone here is going. I'd love to come but I don't know anyone and I'd be coming from Stoke-On-Trent on my lonesome :roll:

I'll be going on my own as I did last time, everyone was so friendly I didn't find being on my own a problem.

Me and the OH went and, while it turns out we're quite well-informed, having the 'practice' in such knowledgeable company was invaluable! We learnt a lot more than we ever could on our own :D It was a great day to meet people too :D

I went on my own last year, everyone was lovely and I really enjoyed the day. Definitely one to go to if you possibly can.

FORAGING FOR RABBITS

A One day ‘Course’ led by Twigs Way on 3rd June 2017

Cost for the day (including lunch) £22:
Urgently raising money towards myxi and vhd2 vacs for our 30 buns!

Twigs is author of the RWA book on Foraging for Rabbits and the soon to be launched RWA book ‘Gardening for Rabbits’

To be held at Twigs’ home in the delightful countryside on the Cambridgeshire/Northamptonshire border c.10km southwest of Peterborough (no its not flat!)

Twigs will introduce the basics of forage identification and collection before we head out to explore and collect in the the byways and verges locally with further lessons in identification as we walk . Collecting is encouraged!
After lunch we will head further afield to examine the opportunities for foraging different ranges of weeds including those that grow on rather weedy allotments!

Home made vegetarian lunch provided (vegan by request) as well as tea and cakes in the afternoon.

Come and join in the fun. Meet other rabbity people and
Learn to confidently identify wild foods for your rabbit.

email twigs at twigsway@me.com

PS I have a snazzy poster but due to not being on photobucket etc cant seem to upload it!! If you are on facebook nip over to Parsley piert Parcels facebook - its on there!!

Twigs lovely to hear from you again, and I hope you're beginning to feel better :wave:

This sounds terrific! Are you also planning to do any more this summer? (I have people would love to come, subject to dates :))

Thank you everyone - especially those who have said how much they enjoyed it last year!

Really looking forward to meeting more people! We are already booking well.

Back