• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cable Protecters!

hope this info helps

hi there

i've spoken with the bunny sanctuary in bradford. she has advised me to look at metal rather than the plastic 'cable tidy' version.

Sonya has a price list. i've not purchased any myself (yet) nor received a price list so i don't know anymore than this but their contact details are as follows:

Sonya and Jim McDonough
4 Stoney Ridge Avenue,
Heaton,
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD9 6PA
England

Tel: (0044) 01274 821665

Email: bunnycampsan@talk21.com

good luck

Juliex

We used a metal shower hose, and my little angel still managed to chew through the damn thing. :shock: She's certainly determined. She went through garden hose, she went through plastic cable wrap. We're using kevlar now and it seems to be holding its own.

Moving soon. We're going to bunny proof from the ground up and try using copper piping. I doubt it will stop her, but it might slow her down. :(

Speaking of garden hoses, I have a rather unique water feature in my garden, courtesy of Floyd.

Having pretensions of being Charlie Dimmock, he has artistically scupltured my garden hose [read:chewed] meaning that every time I turn on the outside tap to use it, I get sprayed with a fountain and end up standing in an inch of water! :lol:

I need to get round to buying one of those hoses on a roll which can be screwed to the wall, I think! My other plan is to make a wooden gate to block off the passage at the side of the house, where the hose & tap are located, meaning I can then also use the passageway as an exercise yard for my other buns once I've built a small hutch at the end for shelter.

Pendragon said:
Speaking of garden hoses, I have a rather unique water feature in my garden, courtesy of Floyd. Having pretensions of being Charlie Dimmock, he has artistically scupltured my garden hose [read:chewed] meaning that every time I turn on the outside tap to use it, I get sprayed with a fountain and end up standing in an inch of water! :lol:

Cheeky Floyd - bet he was having a right laugh to himself the first time he saw you dripping wet :wink: :lol:

Go to ikea they sell 2.5 metres of split plastic loom with 5 cable ties for 2.50. I bought some the other day after searching for some for ages they come in white black and grey,

Back