• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can i do to help ?

Griffski

Warren Scout
this is promoted by thread re so many bunnies needing homes.

my question is ... how could i help more bunnies ? i have outdoor space (for additional shed and run) and could commit to more but how many more is realistic ? would i have to create space for pairs or, accepting i am rookie, could i have a group ? from forums i am sensing group is hard ).

any pointers/advice appreciated..

Last edited:
It depends on how much time/money you have, as to how many more to take on. I think you have a pair at the moment?
When I came on RU I had a pair of rabbits (sisters) at the time, and when I realised how many rabbits there were in rescue I adopted a second pair (brothers) and had them in hutch and run combos. Eventually I bonded them into a quad, and they were happy together, they lived in a shed and aviary type run. I was lucky with the bond, it went well. I had the fall back option of splitting them back in pairs if things didn't work, so you need to bear that in mind if you take on a newly bonded group. There are some ready made groups in rescue already though.
Sadly my quad are all at the bridge now, I have a single rescue housebun though.

thanks zoobec .. yes i have a (wonderful:) ) pair just now. Hadn't occurred to me that rescues might have bonded groups. I have no accommodation in place yet for any more .. from what you say it would make sense to have something that could be split into separate space if the bond broke down - that's a great point. This will probably be a medium term project so just looking for ideas at this stage.

Back