• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interesting observation!

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
So poor Rory still has not managed to be spayed. Every time we book it something goes wrong! For the last 2 times she has started nesting the day of the spay and the vets have advised not to do it. Well yesterday my partner made an interesting observation! She goes through a cycle of 'nesting' and then becoming so aggressive to poor Milo - humping his face pulling his fur - that we have to separate them by a pen. Well this cycle seems to have synced with mine...
it happens every time that it is my time of the month! Without fail! And as soon as my period stops - shes calm again and they can be put together!!!
Has anyone else experienced this?!

So poor Rory still has not managed to be spayed. Every time we book it something goes wrong! For the last 2 times she has started nesting the day of the spay and the vets have advised not to do it. Well yesterday my partner made an interesting observation! She goes through a cycle of 'nesting' and then becoming so aggressive to poor Milo - humping his face pulling his fur - that we have to separate them by a pen. Well this cycle seems to have synced with mine...
it happens every time that it is my time of the month! Without fail! And as soon as my period stops - shes calm again and they can be put together!!!

No as I have not had periods for over 20 years. I have heard of dogs being able to detect when their owner's period is due. They can detect the smell of the hormonal changes apparently x

Never had that, but my friends dog used to know when the girls were "on" and would sit on their laps and guard them from the males in the house. (He was a great dane).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

How interesting! I guess Roo must be just like a dog haha
she is also much more friendly when i'm on my period too! It's the only time she'll accept a cuddle!

Haha my partner did confuse me this morning when he said "I knew it was coming, change in mood, irritable, emotional, face humping, nest building...." haha

Haha my partner did confuse me this morning when he said "I knew it was coming, change in mood, irritable, emotional, face humping, nest building...." haha
Nearly fell off my chair! :lol:

I know it's supposed to happen in palces with a large concentration of female humans, especially offices, but I've only ever synced up with one friend and we're still synced even though she's had 2 kids and lives 70mi away! There's a theory that women in ancient civilisations would sync up so babies could be creched together, nursing was easier etc. :) Still doesn't explain the cross-species syncing!

I suppose it can happen to some extent,we and rabbits are mammals after all,though female buns don't have monthly cycles.

I'm genuinely finding it so interesting. I'm having problems with my cycle at the moment and my time of the month is lasting about 2 weeks. Genuinely in those 2 weeks they can't be together. She just goes crazy at him! I've always had funny relationships with these bunnies. Milo is like my child!The vet said she was amazed at how closely bonded to me he is....I wonder what she'd say about Rorys monthly cycle bond haha

When I worked in an office with about 8 female staff, you could guarantee that about 6 of us would all have a period at the same time. It must be pheromones.

Back