• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant rabbit rescue

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
I would like to tell you all there is a giant rabbit rescue in sittinbourne kent if any one wants a bigger bunnie, they have not been doing it for long but are trying to be awarded charitable status they can be contacted on 01795420642 val

i will respond to that one yes it is the one and they are great hats off for sue she does charitys everwhere proud :D

Although this post is a little late - I just wanted to add that I bought Zeus (a continental giant) from the lady who runs the giant rabbit rescue. She had bred him for showing (my husband wanted a pedigree giant rabbit after our first giant rabbit from the freeadds died at 15weeks old from an abcess at the base of his nasopharynx).

Although she was incredibly helpful at first when I rung/emailed her occasionally with questions - when I told her I had Zeus neutered and wanted a rescue giant doe to bond with him she didn't answer any of my emails and I couldn't reach her on the phone at all.

I don't think she was happy about the neutering as she had told us she would prefer it if we didn't neuter Zeus.

I ended up bonding him to a dwarf lop as she was the only rescue rabbit within a reasonable travelling distance that wasn't frightened by his attempts to make friends (he was rather amorous at first and being a giant - well you can probably picture the results :shock: :oops: :? ).

Obviously I don't know the reasons she didn't reply - perhaps my emails didn't get through - but I was a little disheartened at her apparent lack of interest.

My friend is looking for a Giant rabbit. The Giant rabbit rescue website said they had 26 rabbits needing homes and I knew it had been updated recently as I'd been keeping an eye out for her, however when my friend rang she was told there was only one rabbit and she had to wait a few weeks to see if it was available... it was all a bit odd and my friend was very disappointed and put off by this. The web site now says 14 rabbits looking for homes but my friend hasn't rung back.

She said it was all quite odd.

I would just like to say that the lady that does the rescue is usualy quite hard to get hold of, she works full time and does a lot of showing, ive heard its best to ring as you stand a better chance. She also has a sponcer a rabbit , for those giants that for one reason or another carnt be rehomed. val ps: ill try to get hold of her at a show and tell her to pick up the phone.] :lol:

If you have a witheld number (like mine - keeps the salesmen at bay) her phone won't accept the calls - you can only call from a number that will be recognised - I think she had a lot of trouble with extreme animal rights activists.

Protestors actually set fire to her bunny shed a few years ago and nearly killed all the bunnys from smoke inhalation before it was put out - a lot of the rabbits she had then ended up with bad eyes and chests as a result. The protestors are definately not the animal lovers they think they are if they can do something like that to innocent rabbits!!

Caz

Bringing this to the top again for Andi and Bertie - she has recently redone the website and has pics of three gorgeous buns looking for new homes:

http://www.giantrabbitrescue.co.uk/4555.html

I think when you ring if you specify you are looking to adopt one of them (rather than purchase one of her home bred).

Caz

Back