• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies are at long last earning their keep

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Going on from the Gardening Thread in General Chat, where bunny poop tea is mentioned - I thought I would brew up some of my own. I was chatting to our next door neighbour a couple of nights ago and she owns an allotment and brings me excess veggies - so I offered her a couple of bottles of bunny poop tea and she insisted on paying for it - £2 for a 2 litre bottle :D

She has just sent me text saying that her allotment neighbour saw her pouring it on yesterday evening and asked for some - so I'm brewing up some more this weekend :D

I can't help laughing that the bunny poop is finally making money :lol: - might sell some at the next local Farmers sale ;)

Going on from the Gardening Thread in General Chat, where bunny poop tea is mentioned - I thought I would brew up some of my own. I was chatting to our next door neighbour a couple of nights ago and she owns an allotment and brings me excess veggies - so I offered her a couple of bottles of bunny poop tea and she insisted on paying for it - £2 for a 2 litre bottle :D

She has just sent me text saying that her allotment neighbour saw her pouring it on yesterday evening and asked for some - so I'm brewing up some more this weekend :D

I can't help laughing that the bunny poop is finally making money :lol: - might sell some at the next local Farmers sale ;)

Fellie I almost fell off my chair! £2 a bottle for bunny poop tea! That's fantastic :)

You clever, enterprising person. Did you let the tea ferment? Do tell! :lol:

Fellie I almost fell off my chair! £2 a bottle for bunny poop tea! That's fantastic :)

You clever, enterprising person. Did you let the tea ferment? Do tell! :lol:

I know :shock: - I didn't know what to ask for so just said it and she agreed straight away. :lol:

I just used warm water in an old coke bottle - threw in loads of poops, and left it for 48 hours (giving it a good shake every now and then) before straining it to get rid of any bits of hay and megazorb. Problem is that I have no way of testing the potency of it or state of maturity :lol: - I did ask my hubby to taste it as he is training in wine tasting now and might be able to be of some help - but he declined which I thought was a bit mean ;)

I know :shock: - I didn't know what to ask for so just said it and she agreed straight away. :lol:

I just used warm water in an old coke bottle - threw in loads of poops, and left it for 48 hours (giving it a good shake every now and then) before straining it to get rid of any bits of hay and megazorb. Problem is that I have no way of testing the potency of it or state of maturity :lol: - I did ask my hubby to taste it as he is training in wine tasting now and might be able to be of some help - but he declined which I thought was a bit mean ;)

Oh no - you made me shoot coffee all over my screen!! :lol::lol:

Fellie you are wonderful :D

What on earth is bunny poop tea? I would love my three to earn their keep - and they produce LOTS of poo but I wouldn't want to drink it, nor imagine anyone else would either. I am confused :?

:lol:

Brilliantly idea. My first bunnies used to poo in one corner of the garden and the plants there grew really well. I'll be trying brewing some "tea"

What on earth is bunny poop tea? I would love my three to earn their keep - and they produce LOTS of poo but I wouldn't want to drink it, nor imagine anyone else would either. I am confused :?

At least I'm not the only one who assumed it was actually tea... I mean I do like my tea but that's a bit extreme :lol: :lol:

I could make loads from Robins bottom he's a poo factory :D
But since the weather has gotten nice he's doing most his business on the garden

Mmmm - I have allotments at the back of where I live. I wonder if anyone there would be interested in rabbit poo tea. it would be lovely to have a bit of extra cash to be able to buy the buns and piggies some treats.

The buns mostly use their litter trays so what would I have to do? I am trying to grow some veg this year too - largely for the furries - so maybe it would help my gardening efforts as well.

Back